Toronto Model 07-30-21 Union Centre.png

Interesting insight. So what happens to the ~650k sf of space the company is currently leasing or has obligations to lease in the near future? Doesn't sound like 'keep around' offices, no?
We'll be keeping some of that real estate, they just won't be the an "office" where you're going in, sitting at a desk, working, etc. They'll instead be re-purposed for other uses.

No, this was already answered by @Undead on page 57: Amazon has designs on 11 Bay,

As per the norm on this subject, pending what officialdom has to say...............

I will stick this link here again...........

I will note, casually, that Amazon's largest landlord in Vancouver is the mover behind 11 Bay, and CC3.

That's just something to note in passing.

Last edited:
I couldn't tell if @Undead actually has inside information or was just speculating. CC3 seems like a more likely candidate to me because it's much farther along in the process.
I don't want to drag this out in this thread any longer as this is the wrong thread… suffice it to say that it's 11 Bay that Amazon is planning on. Sorry to say but it doesn't matter which one you think it is, it matters which one they are interested in.

I don't want to drag this out in this thread any longer as this is the wrong thread… suffice it to say that it's 11 Bay that Amazon is planning on. Sorry to say but it doesn't matter which one you think it is, it matters which one they are interested in.

Generally speaking, do lead tenants have any power in moving projects along or do they have minimal power in that regard?

Generally speaking, do lead tenants have any power in moving projects along or do they have minimal power in that regard?

Power with whom?

With government..........maybe, if you represent enough new jobs/added-value to the local economy then a Mayor can lean on planning a bit.

With the developer/proponent? Lots.

Leases have terms, tenants need space by a certain time. There can be some flexibility (you have to allow for construction and other delays) but if a tenant needs space by (just to pick a date) January 2025, the terms of any lease
will state that, and there could be serious financial penalties for not meeting that date; as well as an 'out clause' in a contract.

Yup..

New plans here:

Now 298 metres, 57 floors. Wonder why - they must have a tenant who wants more space or something.

I believe this would make this the tallest office building in the city.

Also, does the city have some reason they don't want downtown office buildings to be more than 300m? At first I thought CC3 was just because of shadowing, but here we have another office block just straddling the limit..

Last edited:
Yup..

New plans here:

Now 298 metres, 57 floors. Wonder why - they must have a tenant who wants more space or something.

I believe this would make this the tallest office building in the city.

Also, does the city have some reason they don't want downtown office buildings to be more than 300m? At first I thought CC3 was just because of shadowing, but here we have another office block just straddling the limit..
I've adjusted the height to 298 metres, but the floor count stays the same; the highest public floor is the 54th.

Back