I like the two towers as well. I wouldn't say it "compliments" the CN Tower, but I like them because they don't take away from the CN Tower.

why don't Oxford build observatory decks on the top of oxford place.

Because the CN Tower would be close by and taller.

I'll be worried about the impact on the CN Tower when a few more Toronto based companies exceed 10 billion dollar market caps or Quebec separates.

Where do you get the idea they are tearing down the Intercontinental Hotel?

From the rendering. The more easterly office twin sits where the Intercontinental Hotel stands today:

yebtS.jpg

Last edited:
The only question about timing on this project is how long does Oxford want to carry it's very large investment before it starts to generate income? I would think they would be pushing pretty hard because it will take years to get approval as it is - yet I don't get the sense that this project is high on their priority list. Hope I'm wrong.

They are working on it. It's an extremely complicated site with many interests to take into account. Be patient!

Pretty crazy to think that Front and Simcoe could have multiple 600+ feet office towers.

156 Front (850 feet)
Union Centre (750 feet)
RBC Bldg (600 feet)
Oxford Place Towers

To put that in some perspective - Calgary has 6 buildings above 600 feet in totality.

Pretty crazy to think that Front and Simcoe could have multiple 600+ feet office towers.

156 Front (850 feet)
Union Centre (750 feet)
RBC Bldg (600 feet)
Oxford Place Towers

To put that in some perspective - Calgary has 6 buildings above 600 feet in totality.

Unfortunately I strongly doubt that 156 Front and Union Centre will remain as tall as they are proposed.

But if they are not reduced, the addition of 156 Front, Union Centre, Oxford Towers will make the skyline look stunning, and it only gets better if One Yonge gets approved as well!

The only question about timing on this project is how long does Oxford want to carry it's very large investment before it starts to generate income? I would think they would be pushing pretty hard because it will take years to get approval as it is - yet I don't get the sense that this project is high on their priority list. Hope I'm wrong.

All the buildings that Oxford owns around here are generating income.

Back