I assume if they have it labeled as 275m then the outline is 275m. So I suspect the tallest tower would be just shy of 300.

Also, Union Centre (267m) is well below the height of the tallest Union Park office tower, and even slightly lower than the second Union Park office tower.

i zoomed into the project comparison diagram from the Oxford presentation yesterday. in that diagram i compared the difference between union centre and The HUB (difference is 13m) and then compared the difference between the tallest union park office and The HUB. according to the scale of the diagram, tallest uinion park should be 10-12m taller than The HUB- 295 meters should be the max?
right now our main concern should be a better design. this is probably the first project where i want better design more than the height.

i zoomed into the project comparison diagram from the Oxford presentation yesterday. in that diagram i compared the difference between union centre and The HUB (difference is 13m) and then compared the difference between the tallest union park office and The HUB. according to the scale of the diagram, tallest uinion park should be 10-12m taller than The HUB- 295 meters should be the max?
right now our main concern should be a better design. this is probably the first project where i want better design more than the height.
Comparing the tallest Union Park tower with the taller 400 Front West tower (which is right next to Union Park and hence should have minimal perspective distortion), I make the tallest Union Park tower to be 1.525 times the height of the taller 400 Front West tower (199m), which would make it 303m tall.

so what better design and shorter height do you want for these two office towers?
Google 'twin office towers and see if you find much better"...... i say tweak them a bit and they'll be just fine

Last edited:
Audacious to say the least to suggest that these are the peak of architectural design given the number of shorter, paired towers posted in cyberspace. you must really like these towers.

I don't know how @ushahid would respond, but here are bolder, shorter twin towers:

rlvm5f5j226901.JPG.[pr].jpg

Source

The CBC building's wackier twin brothers.

Also as twins go, some of the nicer one's out there include UN Studio's Green Spine in Melbourne, NBBJ's City of Capitals in Moscow and William Kavan's proposed towers in Portland, to name a few. These are a little too Dubai for me with those sweeping fins up top. Very early 2000s in design.

The CBC building's wackier twin brothers.

Also as twins go, some of the nicer one's out there include UN Studio's Green Spine in Melbourne, NBBJ's City of Capitals in Moscow and William Kavan's proposed towers in Portland, to name a few. These are a little too Dubai for me with those sweeping fins up top. Very early 2000s in design.

Late 80s/early 90s, and similar to CBC because it is also by Philip Johnson.

AoD

This appears to be Pelli's current style. Lot's of similarities to his project in Boston. That third picture in the Dezeen post really shows the facade similarities to Salesforce Tower too.

Has Oxford acquired air rights over the tracks to build this park?

I highly doubt CN Rail would surrender those air rights without a protracted bureaucratic fight.

I highly doubt CN Rail would surrender those air rights without a protracted bureaucratic fight.
Probably not but then again 'money talks, bullshit walks', which is a lot more leverage with CN than the city has to build its so called proposed Rail Deck Park

TTR is the deciding body in these affairs. CIBC and RDP are the two public transactions but there are others working behind the scenes.

Probably not but then again 'money talks, bullshit walks', which is a lot more leverage with CN than the city has to build its so called proposed Rail Deck Park
Do you ever get tired of yourself?

Back