It was mostly 30-minute service when I rode it a month ago.

Odd though that Lakeshore is every 15 already! That's far more expensive to run.
Not when you are using a six car train in place of a 12 every 30-60 minutes. It was down to hourly until a few months ago with short trains..

UPX been 30 minutes for a year using 2 car trains only.

It's not just shorter, only a single locomotive is needed to pull a 6 car train than the usual doubled headed trains.

It's not just shorter, only a single locomotive is needed to pull a 6 car train than the usual doubled headed trains.
Sorry wrong.

Double header locomotives are a backup to one under going testing or been broke in after rebuilt or changes as well new ones. F59PH used on 6-8 car trains while MPI MP40PH-3C can handle 12 cars as well the new ones.

Otherwise, a single locomotive on a train

Saw something from Spadina Over pass today that saw 2 UPX trains pass each other in the main corridor as their normality route was close due to cables being install in the new duck bank, Between passing each other on the wrong tracks is no big deal, but both trains were 3 cars long. 1xxx at each end and a 3xxx in the middle. Been a long time I seen1 3 car train on line, but 2. No idea if the other sets are 3 cars long as well.

Saw something from Spadina Over pass today that saw 2 UPX trains pass each other in the main corridor as their normality route was close due to cables being install in the new duck bank, Between passing each other on the wrong tracks is no big deal, but both trains were 3 cars long. 1xxx at each end and a 3xxx in the middle. Been a long time I seen1 3 car train on line, but 2. No idea if the other sets are 3 cars long as well.
So, there's a new duck bank, at last!

duck.jpg

Probably 60% capacity when I boarded at Bloor towards Union at 5 pm yesterday. I forgot to count the number of cars.

It was offline for several hours yesterday too. When it came back (around 6pm), it warned of 'delays of up to an hour' for service...

Could the westerly extension of the Ontario Line will be "merged" with UPX between Exhibition Station and the Pearson Transit Hub? With the addition of stations at Mt. Dennis & St. Clair/Old Weston, it could be possible.

^ Could the new OL rolling stock run on the same tracks as GO and freight trains? Would the regulations allow for it? I know this the light vs heavy rail regulation context is often debated and discussed in various UT threads.

^ Could the new OL rolling stock run on the same tracks as GO and freight trains? Would the regulations allow for it? I know this the light vs heavy rail regulation context is often debated and discussed in various UT threads.
Wouldn't the OL trains be running next to GO trains in the east end?

ol_crosssectionnofqueen_20210422.jpg

From link. Don't know about what protection that fence would provide between the GO trains and the Ontario Line trains. The Ontario Line trains could go underground going north on Dufferin Street and emerge next to the GO train tracks to continue north to the Bloor Station (Dundas West Station) and continuing northwest. The current train tracks may have to be reconfigured.

What additional stations could be added between Bloor Station and Exhibition Station could become a discussion point. Myself, I can see stations added at Dufferin & King, Dufferin & Queen and Lansdowne & Dundas & Carlton.

Last edited:

Back