Might I also add. Any potential future Bolton GO service would pass right through my neighbourhood, likely meaning, that a stop will be minutes from my door. Now not that I plan on being in the area long enough to see it come to life, it is still nice to know that this area will eventually have GO service.

The way I see it WCC is blocking this part of the GTA from getting improved transit in the form of GO trains. So tell my why do the rights of WCC matter more than my rights and the rights of my neighbours to having access to a regional rail network?

you're absolutely wrong on this. if they wanted to run trains to bolton tomorrow, they'd have no problem passing trains through weston since the CP mactier sub is double tracked through there.

you're absolutely wrong on this. if they wanted to run trains to bolton tomorrow, they'd have no problem passing trains through weston since the CP mactier sub is double tracked through there.

That wasn't the point... This quote:
NO! From what I understand, Weston residents want the GO Train since it services Weston and other communities. It has been a part of Weston since the beginning.
The problem is the ARL will pass every 15 mintues in both direction. At $20 per ride, do they really think Weston residents will take it? Its use of old diesel bud cars is ridiculous considering we are in the 21st century.
The ARL has been a PR disaster from the beginning and should be sent back to the drawing board, which proper planners planning the link.
Then they are adding the Bolton Line.
Plus added frieght trains, VIA trains and the potential for the highspeed link from Toronto to Montreal to be built using this corridor.
Its not just about today, its about the future as well.
First says that GO service is 'OK' then he follows up by using the Bolton line in a negative connotation as if GO service to Bolton is a bad thing. It's not about what tracks the trains will run on, it's about the increased service that the corridor is going to see, and secondarily about having all trains service Weston. If there were a Bolton GO line I would certainly hope that some of those trains would skip some of the inner 416 stations in order to speed up the trip, but then that's bad because a) it's more trains on the tracks, and b) the express trains won't stop at Weston.

So which is it? If you support GO and expansion of GO service then you cannot use something like expansion plans to Bolton to bolster your argument against improvements to the corridor.

I'm a bit confused. Is the Bolton line going to have all-day service or just commuter rail?

As far as I know it will be commuter, I doubt there will be demand on the line for all day service.

I'm a bit confused. Is the Bolton line going to have all-day service or just commuter rail?

probably commuter. i think the bolton line is currently a proposal for future expansion. it's a few years down the road.

That wasn't the point... This quote:

First says that GO service is 'OK' then he follows up by using the Bolton line in a negative connotation as if GO service to Bolton is a bad thing. It's not about what tracks the trains will run on, it's about the increased service that the corridor is going to see, and secondarily about having all trains service Weston. If there were a Bolton GO line I would certainly hope that some of those trains would skip some of the inner 416 stations in order to speed up the trip, but then that's bad because a) it's more trains on the tracks, and b) the express trains won't stop at Weston.

So which is it? If you support GO and expansion of GO service then you cannot use something like expansion plans to Bolton to bolster your argument against improvements to the corridor.

and your mistake is that you are judging the WCC by the comments of an anonymous poster on the internet. the WCC has stated that they are not against GO transit service increase.

with the comment you quoted previously, it doesn't look like SYSW is against the bolton line, rather his/her argument is for electrification because of all the combined future operators on the corridor.

and your mistake is that you are judging the WCC by the comments of an anonymous poster on the internet. the WCC has stated that they are not against GO transit service increase.

with the comment you quoted previously, it doesn't look like SYSW is against the bolton line, rather his/her argument is for electrification because of all the combined future operators on the corridor.

Prometheus is the only one that seems to clearly understand......

Now that electrification is on the table, I wonder what if any other objections there will be. I can already see them arguing that the trench is not enough even if the corridor is electrified. Only a tunnel will do. And they are still arguing that no service improvments should happen till the corridor is electrified....

Electrification was always on the table though. Just the timeframe has become clear now. They would have made this announcement on this day regardless of any opposition. The wheels of implementation were already moving... and that's my story and I'm sticking to it :rolleyes:

why would they route it that way? wouldn't a HSRL from toronto to montreal start at union station and go east along the same route as lakeshore east?
Actually it’s very likely that any HSR line going east will also go west from Union to Pearson, even if it doesn’t go any farther. There are something like 80 flights to Ottawa and Montreal every day, many of which are feeder routes to the Pearson hub. Replacing those flights is a major part of HSR in other countries. Seamless connections to airports, especially hubs like Pearson, are essential.

So naturally high speed trains going from Ottawa to Pearson would go through Weston. Unless of course they build a bypass around the city.

There are something like 80 flights to Ottawa and Montreal every day, many of which are feeder routes to the Pearson hub.

Hmm. I'm picturing a code-sharing agreement between Air Canada and the HSR project to enable international connections.

The Strachan bridge has been modified, it is now a minor structure which won't involve the extent of neighbourhood changes.

The Strachan bridge has been modified, it is now a minor structure which won't involve the extent of neighbourhood changes.

one less ugly road underpass.

Back