Katia Osokine‏@KatiaOsokine 3m3 minutes ago
Union Station eastern moat glass canopy assembly has begun (York side moat canopy already up, not sure if done)
DMbOvBWWAAEjJ1w.jpg

@TOareaFan The Eaton Centre has a stage that runs along a track. You can see it in this picture, the ends of it fold in so it can fit past the elevators, stairwells, etc.

View attachment 124454
The point I was making was that if we found a way to keep this clean I am surely not going to lose sleep over how we will keep the glass over the moat at Union Station clean.

The point I was making was that if we found a way to keep this clean I am surely not going to lose sleep over how we will keep the glass over the moat at Union Station clean.
Though you are a prolific UT poster, you are clearly not up to speed on the worry-warts at UT who always think the worst possible thing is going to happen. You (and I) may not loose sleep over the cleaning of the moat glass (or people falling through it) but I fear others will worry themselves into early graves. :->

Though you are a prolific UT poster, you are clearly not up to speed on the worry-warts at UT who always think the worst possible thing is going to happen. You (and I) may not loose sleep over the cleaning of the moat glass (or people falling through it) but I fear others will worry themselves into early graves. :->

I would be very, very surprised if the glass wasn't designed to handle way worse than people jumping onto them, given the site.

AoD

Per the building code, all overhead glazing must be laminated. This is in case it breaks, so that shards don't rain down on people below. It also means that it is quite strong. Skylights are generally made up of three panes of glazing, i.e. 6mm tempered / PVB interlayer / 6mm tempered / air space /w argon fill / 6mm tempered glass. I've built skylights that use thicker glazing than this, as well.

Most contract glaziers will also design their skylights to withstand a live load that allows workers to walk on them, as it makes construction much easier.

This is going to look fantastic. Not only at street level, but obviously in the moat itself. I expect good coffee to be available, as any urbanized liberal democrat would.

This is going to look fantastic. Not only at street level, but obviously in the moat itself. I expect good coffee to be available, as any urbanized liberal democrat would.
Well, you already have your choice of Pilot Coffee Roasters, Starbucks, Tim Hortons, McCafé and more in the station, (with only the first one really indisputably great), and with more coming!

It's an impressive progress. Looks like aside from the staircases' landings, the concrete pours have been completed.

Back