Perhaps Union Station can rename itself Gardiner Expressway and get 24/7 attention:rolleyes:

AoD

The City of Toronto has the same problem at the Lake Shore Boulevard entrance to Bremner Boulevard. They put barricades there to prevent people from driving in off lake shore and keep giving the run around touting security measures when people ask when permanent barriers will be put in.

I do not buy the excuse that this is related to Union Station's construction. Even now they put in concrete barricades during major events at the arena.

This is not about construction inside union station, it is that the city is too cheap.

The City of Toronto has the same problem at the Lake Shore Boulevard entrance to Bremner Boulevard. They put barricades there to prevent people from driving in off lake shore and keep giving the run around touting security measures when people ask when permanent barriers will be put in.

I do not buy the excuse that this is related to Union Station's construction. Even now they put in concrete barricades during major events at the arena.

This is not about construction inside union station, it is that the city is too cheap.

That’s partially what my dig is about - the city made sure it paid enough for work to proceed with Gardiner East (and Gardiner West, with a council directed top up funding) to ensure the works proceed apace. With this? It is willing to suffer delays after delays. Chopped liver and all that.

AoD

The City of Toronto has the same problem at the Lakeshore Boulevard entrance to Bremner Boulevard. They put barricades there to prevent people from driving in off lakeshore and keep giving the run around touting security measures when people ask when permanent barriers will be put in.

I do not buy the excuse that this is related to Union Stations construction. Even now they put in concrete barricades during major events at the arena.

They're actually building a permanent gate at that location these days

The biggest free skating rink. It must be the only free skating rink.
5D95A25B-5DB8-463E-A49B-95842118212C.jpeg
B39B96AC-1751-475C-A542-B8F1606F034F.jpeg

I think the ground floor of east wing can, reasonably, be described as top level of the Bay Concourse. I agree that the Concourse itself is at level of TTC.
I would disagree. The picture here shows what is called the Great Hall East Wing. The Bay GO Concourse (upper level) is a totally different area, and actually at a different elevation to the East Wing. The area under the skylight and opening in the floor (picture foreground) is the Front Street Promenade, which is connected at grade (more or less) to the TTC, Bay Retail, which is below the GO concourse level and similar elevation to the Food court under the York GO Concourse.
Elevations:
1. Great Hall/East & West Wings/Street level
2. Moats/Promenades & GO Concourses - Scotiabank Arena
3. Food Court/Retail concourses

Back