Now that the work on repairing the York Street "tunnel" and Teamways (below the rail tracks) is just about over, Metrolinx are working on the equivalent Bay Street areas. In addition to lots of work above the road, the West Bay Teamway, which had "chicken wire' fastened to its ceiling a year or so ago to try to catch falling concrete , is getting a make-over. There are many areas where concrete is being repaired and the chicken wire is gone. Not sure how "fancy' the Teamways will be but maybe they (and the roads) will no longer have water dripping. Once the work at Bay is all done they move west to the Yonge rail bridge (there are no Teamways at Yonge.)

Now that the work on repairing the York Street "tunnel" and Teamways (below the rail tracks) is just about over, Metrolinx are working on the equivalent Bay Street areas. In addition to lots of work above the road, the West Bay Teamway, which had "chicken wire' fastened to its ceiling a year or so ago to try to catch falling concrete , is getting a make-over. There are many areas where concrete is being repaired and the chicken wire is gone. Not sure how "fancy' the Teamways will be but maybe they (and the roads) will no longer have water dripping. Once the work at Bay is all done they move west to the Yonge rail bridge (there are no Teamways at Yonge.)

I am not sure how much of an upgrade West Bay teamway will get - pretty certain it won't be anything like East Bay (as part of the CIBC project).

AoD

Do the double decker GO buses fit in this new station? Looks like it’ll be pretty tight.
Yup they'll be able to fit. Not sure as to the specifics just yet, but from what I see it looks like the turns into and out of the new terminal would be a bit of a tight squeeze.

That would probably be the trickiest part for the DD's.

As long as the falling concrete and dripping water are dealt with that will be fine with me!

I have my doubts how well they could do the latter (ceiling damage at York concourse). I recall seeing plans (sections) for drip trays above the false ceiling over East Bay Concourse to prevent damage.

AoD

Last edited:
Do the double decker GO buses fit in this new station? Looks like it’ll be pretty tight.

Trial runs have been conducted. bus.pngbus1.png

More (slow!) progress on tiling the Bay Street moat; they have now prepared the under-tile concrete going south to the northernmost access door to the Bay Concourse.
They have also been working (again rather slowly) on the bridge over Bay Street along-side Platform 3. and seem ready to put in new windows. They still have to do the 3 'bays" at the west side above the Bay Moat covers.
Finally, they are tidying up the new stairs that will go from/to the area below the VIA ramp into the Bay Concourse - the ceiling supports appear to be completed and the stairs themselves look to be finished.

Haven't seen this rendering before. I don't believe Metrolinx has released an actual track plan of how many platforms they are planning on consolidating at Union, correct? This shows platform's 8 & 9, which are approximately in the middle of the train shed today. I'd be very interested to see the "final" configuration of Union post GO-RER. This one at least shows the removal of tracks 10&11..

usep1_render2.png

Haven't seen this rendering before. I don't believe Metrolinx has released an actual track plan of how many platforms they are planning on consolidating at Union, correct? This shows platform's 8 & 9, which are approximately in the middle of the train shed today. I'd be very interested to see the "final" configuration of Union post GO-RER. This one at least shows the removal of tracks 10&11..

usep1_render2.png

Pretty pathetic that they don't seem to have any intention of widening/shifting the staircases for this.

AoD

Last edited:
What's the point of having a large platform when you have a small staircase?

I really don't get this. Don't they hire professionals who know about crowd control?

I mean I am just a fanboy and even I can tell by looking at this tender that will cause long lines for people to descent down the staircase

Back