It always struck me as very odd how trashy the bathroom was by Cinnabon yet all pristine in the marble washroom by VIA. I understand one has more traffic, hurt was like the difference of walking from Sherbourne and Queen to Sherbourne and Adelaide.
No way. The VIA was rarely used so was a haven for crackheads. It was way nicer than the main one in the Bay Concourse, but still pretty gnarly.

Dammit, @Sandpit! ;)

Hi all! Thought I’d start posting here myself, seeing as my Union Station updates are being added here sometimes :) here’s VIA Concourse this week.

55379EB7-EFDB-492E-95C7-647163DD6F08.jpeg

D09EE6A6-425C-44D6-80CC-A7A6FFEB4EAB.jpeg

Attachments

• 55379EB7-EFDB-492E-95C7-647163DD6F08.jpeg
    55379EB7-EFDB-492E-95C7-647163DD6F08.jpeg
    158.2 KB · Views: 771
  • D09EE6A6-425C-44D6-80CC-A7A6FFEB4EAB.jpeg
    D09EE6A6-425C-44D6-80CC-A7A6FFEB4EAB.jpeg
    142.8 KB · Views: 667
Does anyone know why the York Concourse doesn’t have a second staircase to Platform 3? And neither does the Via concourse.

Something to do with it only being one platform vs. two?
I mean at each end of the concourse.

Why does the circle'd part not exist?
York Concourse Platform 3.PNG

Is it because Starbucks is in the way?
York Concourse Platform 3 Food.PNG

Attachments

• York Concourse Platform 3.PNG
    York Concourse Platform 3.PNG
    99.2 KB · Views: 696
  • York Concourse Platform 3 Food.PNG
    85.4 KB · Views: 2,061
Last edited:
^ My guess is because they thought having an entrance from the west wing and skywalk would be sufficient. Though I'm with you, and think it would only be logical for York concourse to have another, as well as york teamway.

I *think* they're building some from the via concourse, at north ends of the side hallways. Still unclear what the mystery staircase there is all about. IMO platform 3 access would be better from the bridge/ramp. Would improve accessibility too.

^ My guess is because they thought having an entrance from the west wing and skywalk would be sufficient. Though I'm with you, and think it would only be logical for York concourse to have another, as well as york teamway.

I *think* they're building some from the via concourse, at north ends of the side hallways. Still unclear what the mystery staircase there is all about. IMO platform 3 access would be better from the bridge/ramp. Would improve accessibility too.
What mystery staircase and bridge/ramp are you talking about?

What mystery staircase and bridge/ramp are you talking about?

Via Concourse - Side hallway (side closest to York), go all the way to the end (Front St side). You will see some tarps/hoarding, behind which is a 3 step, small landing, and then new stairs to literally no where (right now.) Stairs end next to the Via/Great Hall bridge

Look at the below image I borrowed from above. I've added a green box (stairs) where they are, and then a red circle just in case.

Attachments

• York Concourse Platform 3 Food.PNG
    69.5 KB · Views: 738
Forgot to mention this, but a few weeks ago I saw some drywall and doors open in the York "pit" where the food court is supposed to be going in. I was alarmed to see that where I expected to see flooring, there was actually endless gravel. The space was roughly beneath the starbucks, or two levels below unit 129 in the above map.

Forgot to mention this, but a few weeks ago I saw some drywall and doors open in the York "pit" where the food court is supposed to be going in. I was alarmed to see that where I expected to see flooring, there was actually endless gravel. The space was roughly beneath the starbucks, or two levels below unit 129 in the above map.
Wait hold on. You're saying work is actually being done on the Food Court level?

Back