I wonder if the media got a tour of the unfinished Front St Promenade ceiling. Such an embarrassment.

So according to this, the final completion is expected for September 2020 or 6.5 years late.

But I doubt the restaurants and shops will be ready. It took nearly four years after York Concourse opened that the Food Court opened. So Maybe by late 2022 it will be done.

Also, the overhead walkways connecting CIBC Square II wont be done till 2024.

Did they actually go into the Bay concourse and Are there more media sources of this event?
This was a media event and they had to wear safety boots, hard hats and safety glasses so I think you should watch TV tonight or read papers tomorrow. I assume they went almost everywhere.

So according to this, the final completion is expected for September 2020 or 6.5 years late.

But I doubt the restaurants and shops will be ready. It took nearly four years after York Concourse opened that the Food Court opened. So Maybe by late 2022 it will be done.

Also, the overhead walkways connecting CIBC Square II wont be done till 2024.
Wondering if September 2020 includes fit out by Metrolinx?
According to this page:
"When the City wraps up that work later this year, they’ll hand the area over to us to customize. That work will take several months to complete. "

From CP24:

Ross said that officials decided to give members of the media a tour of the concourse prior to its actual completion because they wanted to show the public that “there is actual progress happening.

“There really is a lot of accomplishments that have happened to date,” he said

4 years into that portion of the project. :rolleyes: We are supposed to be impressed, right?

AoD

From CP24:

4 years into that portion of the project. :rolleyes: We are supposed to be impressed, right?

AoD
In other pictures it looks more complete upstairs than downstairs

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

(Source: Arda Zakarian, CP24.com - https://www.cp24.com/first-look-at-bay-go-concourse-renovations-1.4401551)

And the first sentence is:

Away from public view, the new section of Union Station is fast taking shape.

Fast? Did Metrolinx hire the Iraqi Information Minister from the 2003 war or something!

This "spread the BS very thick and they might not notice" stuff we see increasingly from various public relations departments is becoming increasingly tiresome. And I don't get it,. If Metrolinx is willing to lie point blank about something so blatant, why trust them on anything they say? And what's to gain - it's not even a Metrolinx-run project ... the delays aren't even on them.

Back