Was looking at one of the new maps they just released again today, I was always under the impression that the unit where the Queenston is/was supposed to go in was one massive unit, but it turns out to be two:
IMG_9830.jpeg

Also find it interesting that they labeled what I think is a construction office on the left of the LCBO

Ah man! You hit me with nostalgia hard when you mentioned Mmmuffins. I remember regularly ordering one of their square shaped, chocolate chip muffins and an orange juice before heading into work. This was back in 2011. I don't work in downtown Toronto anymore, so I never have any reason to really go to Union Station unless to catch a Blue Jays game.

I'm glad to see Union Station get a face lift and brought into the modern era. I was there a couple weeks ago to check it out and it looks great. But another side of me can't help but miss the old Union Station. 70's decor and all. Probably because I have so many memories from spending time at the old Union Station and I probably will not spend nearly as much time at the new Union Station.
The real question for mmmuffins was: do you pronounce the “mmm” at the beginning, or do you just say “muffins!”

If you do say the “mmm,” how long a “mmm” is sufficient? Do you really need to draw it out?

This was a very important question for me as a teen at the mall in the 90s.

The real question for mmmuffins was: do you pronounce the “mmm” at the beginning, or do you just say “muffins!”

If you do say the “mmm,” how long a “mmm” is sufficient? Do you really need to draw it out?

I think it was, mmmuffins so draw out 3 of the 'm' sounds? Man as a kid I loved the cornmeal muffins there, it's sad they're all gone now.

My approach has always been, you draw out the mmm sound, plus, importantly, you start low, and then increase both volume and pitch so that "uff" comes out as a loud squeak.

Passed by today and noticed that LIDS is going to take up shop here across from Sephora. Never would’ve thought that a LIDS store would be here but I guess they see the capture market for all those attending sporting events.

That makes sense. There was also a small Lids kiosk (or similar sportswear retailer) in the old GO Concourse.

I noticed today in the York Teamway and at the York St side of Union there are LOTS of signs pointing to Subway Line 1. The City/TTC seem to work on the Feast or Famine principle of signage!

View attachment 530674

The funniest thing is if you come from the north the signs all have blank backs… I’m pretty sure these were suppose to go back to back but instead they went with the Christmas tree ornament strategy

IMG_3913.jpeg

Last edited:
The funniest thing is if you come from the north the signs all have blank backs… I’m pretty sure these were suppose to go back to back but instead they went with the Christmas tree ornament strategy
They'd have to have pointed half the arrows in the other direction for that to work out.

I wonder what headways they were running on the Yonge line for the New Years rush. This is one of those times that if there were frequent GO services I have to believe this crowd would have been dissipated more easily. Right now there is only one frequent service out of Union which clearly isn't enough.

Back