That should look great when you can see the other platform & train through the glass.

Some parts of the center platform will have a glass wall, some parts (stairwells and storage rooms) have cement support walls along the platform which have been painted white. I too am hoping they plan on backlighting but before the glass went up I didn't notice lights in the gap between the glass and the white wall.

Some parts of the center platform will have a glass wall, some parts (stairwells and storage rooms) have cement support walls along the platform which have been painted white. I too am hoping they plan on backlighting but before the glass went up I didn't notice lights in the gap between the glass and the white wall.

That's unfortunate.

AoD

It does look like they have started putting wiring above the wall. Maybe all the light will come down from the top.

apologies for the reflections..

ywUPC0jVZI.jpeg

iFlBCOqWos.jpeg

Attachments

• ywUPC0jVZI.jpeg
    ywUPC0jVZI.jpeg
    602.7 KB · Views: 1,698
  • iFlBCOqWos.jpeg
    iFlBCOqWos.jpeg
    500.5 KB · Views: 1,681
Last edited:
I don't know if its been answered before, but after boarding the subway at Union on the new platform, I couldn't help but notice that the low ceiling leaves no room for digital signage.

Is there a plan to add screens to the station somewhere displaying next train, and service advisorys at the platform level?

Last edited:
I don't know if its been answered before, but after boarding the subway at Union on the new platform, I couldn't help but notice that the low ceiling leaves no room for digital signage.

Is there a plan to add screens to the station somewhere displaying next train, and service advisorys at the platform level?
There was a discussion on this a bit up this thread.

If you were an artist this would be a pretty cool commission to win. You basically have a captive audience of hundreds of thousands of people every day forced to stand and stare at your work whether they want to or not. "Look at my art! Look at it!" :)

March 19
I see they are sending everyone to the east stairs for the University line at rush hours and using the other stairs for off loading.

They are using the PA to advised riders to stand behind the yellow line as well door closing. A Zoo when I was there.
16702813219_e7ac3672e6_b.jpg

16863057556_24a3cbcca3_b.jpg

16701558300_e28718c49a_b.jpg

16702811499_b792d23d51_b.jpg

16887978381_c4ab2b00e9_b.jpg

16863067466_a597523ea7_b.jpg

If you were an artist this would be a pretty cool commission to win. You basically have a captive audience of hundreds of thousands of people every day forced to stand and stare at your work whether they want to or not. "Look at my art! Look at it!" :)

I'd rather not look at it, it's mostly hideous. Thanks for the charcoal doodles, artist guy.

Back