Spoke with Domenic. He said 45 to 90 days they will recommence construction and they will work through Fall and Winter months.

Is construction possible in Winter?

Spoke with Domenic. He said 45 to 90 days they will recommence construction and they will work through Fall and Winter months.

Is construction possible in Winter?
They can work through winter months. Just requires proper heating and protection of materials. Why has the construction stopped and why 45 to 90 days to startup again. Sounds like they may be selling or delaying us from taking action by making such a statement!

They can work through winter months. Just requires proper heating and protection of materials. Why has the construction stopped and why 45 to 90 days to startup again. Sounds like they may be selling or delaying us from taking action by making such a statement!
Dominic has stated a few threads back work to commence in September due to labour shortage. If it's 90 days that is 3 more months, I guess we will be delayed again. I think Dominic is blowing steam out his butt

Now September became another 90 days. Another 90 days means Winter.

They keep delaying by 3 months till our outside occupancy date. Then what vandyk would cast abracadabra on final day and we would get our houses.

They keep playing with us, as we can’t do anything now. Scammers.

Dominic has stated a few threads back work to commence in September due to labour shortage. If it's 90 days that is 3 more months, I guess we will be delayed again. I think Dominic is blowing steam out his butt
There's no labour shortage delay with Vandyk. The issue is monies owing to trades already working for them. The shortage as he describes is the difficulty finding trades that will work for Vandyk based on their history of not paying on time or the full amount. If they pay the monies owed, the trade might come back to complete the work. Most likely not now though due to the long delays in payments. That's the issue, there are many trades out there available. Ask him to tell you which trades that there is a shortage for!

There's no labour shortage delay with Vandyk. The issue is monies owing to trades already working for them. The shortage as he describes is the difficulty finding trades that will work for Vandyk based on their history of not paying on time or the full amount. If they pay the monies owed, the trade might come back to complete the work. Most likely not now though due to the long delays in payments. That's the issue, there are many trades out there available. Ask him to tell you which trades that there is a shortage for!
Possibly denied permits as well. City not allowing them to proceed.

AFFB6214-CD14-4CF5-AB7F-2E7891972D2A.jpeg

Possibly denied permits as well. City not allowing them to proceed.
Yes, a while back I mentioned that they don’t have the proper permits to build (due to my valid sources of city working friend and someone who directly worked with John the CEO)

That’s unfortunately been the case & looks like it still is. It has to do with the Conservation & the city.

Still, Vandyk is at fault for not disclosing proper info and still taking our deposits

Yes, a while back I mentioned that they don’t have the proper permits to build (due to my valid sources of city working friend and someone who directly worked with John the CEO)

That’s unfortunately been the case & looks like it still is. It has to do with the Conservation & the city.

Still, Vandyk is at fault for not disclosing proper info and still taking our deposits

What conservation? It’s just sand and water there. Also would your friend be able to confirm what permits exactly they do have, and the ones they are still working to attain? I’ll bring it forward to Domenic for inquiry.

What conservation? It’s just sand and water there. Also would your friend be able to confirm what permits exactly they do have, and the ones they are still working to attain? I’ll bring it forward to Domenic for inquiry.
I don’t understand it either, as there are the townhomes built in that area too.

The last they mentioned was there has been no movement with permits. My friend doesn’t directly deal with that department but they were able to see the lack of movement. They can’t access that info unfortunately

Back