A friend mentioned that the only way they can complete the project with minor finishes outstanding is to switch from "concrete" build to traditional build. Remember Vandyk advertised the product as complete concrete build with stucco and bricks finishes. Regular buildings with go up very fast and could save time. There are few of this stack townhouse close to where I stay and in 6 months the exteriors are all done.

A friend mentioned that the only way they can complete the project with minor finishes outstanding is to switch from "concrete" build to traditional build. Remember Vandyk advertised the product as complete concrete build with stucco and bricks finishes. Regular buildings with go up very fast and could save time. There are few of this stack townhouse close to where I stay and in 6 months the exteriors are all done.
Even concrete isn't terrible if the builder is competent - stacked towns on Gore and Queen by Royal Pine (I think?) were concrete and they put them up within 8 months.

Applewood Towns on Burnhamthorpe and Dixie were wood, went up in < 6 months.

Even concrete isn't terrible if the builder is competent - stacked towns on Gore and Queen by Royal Pine (I think?) were concrete and they put them up within 8 months.

Applewood Towns on Burnhamthorpe and Dixie were wood, went up in < 6 months.
I agree competent builder and achieve a lot in one year. But KSV is racing against time. Old contract vs buyers walking away, impact of price increase, how can they move the dates under the "unavoidable delay" clause, etc.

They'll most likely go for the "reduced material" route

I agree competent builder and achieve a lot in one year. But KSV is racing against time. Old contract vs buyers walking away, impact of price increase, how can they move the dates under the "unavoidable delay" clause, etc.

They'll most likely go for the "reduced material" route

Are you saying they can keep terms the same, price and time, but cheap out on material?

Good news is, I believe by end of May, we will know if we are either getting our deposits back or getting our units.

The conclusion is near.

Were you told by KSV?
And yes .. they said either agreements will remain. Or they will ask for more as per lenders needs.

But changing terms will come with additional cost and time. So they’ll need to calculate their cost v benefit , if asking more is worth it. Because it will almost definitely cause most to get deposits back .

Hi,Any Update about Vandyk Hghgrove II , Mississauga ,as per APS 18 April2024 was the dead line to cancel project,any thaught about next deposit or any news.Thanks!

Thanks a lot for reply, So now there is a question i still have to pay a remaining of 10% deposit, next month...so far didn't heard any single word officially that vandyk/HighgrooveII is under insolvency,even a realtor who help me to sign this project said that this project is NOT effected, based on what i don't know.. is it wise to stop next payment,. Any comment advise welcome.Thanks!
Hi, any update about Highgrove II Mississauga, as per APS 18April2024 is the date for Vandyk to inform purchaser if project is canceled or would go for completeon,any thaughts.Thanks!

Anyone have an update for Highgrove? The financing condition in our contract is April 14, that day has come and gone yet we have heard 0 from either vandyk or their lawyer.
Hi, any update about Highgrove II Mississauga, as per APS 18April2024 is the date for Vandyk to inform purchaser if project is canceled or would go for completion,any thaughts.Thanks!

Hi,any one has any information about Vandyk HighgroveII Mississauga project.as by NOW we should have clear direction about the project cancellation and about the Next deposit payment,So far no update from solicitor.

Back