Hello fellow members. I am really interested in investing in the site. i love this location and I wonder whether this property in for rent or sale.

Does anyone have information about this project, and when sales are going to start. Thanks.

You seem to be a little premature - they ahve not even demolished what's there now!

from today's Daily Commercial News, so posted with the usual caveat.......

CONDO BUILDINGS, OFFICE SPACE, RETAIL Proj: 1182101-22

Toronto, Metro Toronto Reg ON PREPARING PLANS
Dundas Victoria Redevelopment, 21 Dundas Square Rd, SW corner of Victoria St and Dundas Sq, M5B
$40,000,000 est

Note: Arch completed concept plans and preliminary designs in 2009. City Council rezoning approvals are secured. Arch expects to seek City Council site plan approvals late 2010/early 2011. The project scope will be finalized when Working drawings begin. Schedules for Working drawings, tender for Gen Cont and construction are undetermined. Further update Summer, 2011.

Page & Steele Inc and Diamond & Schmitt Arch Inc are working in joint-venture on this project.

Project: proposed construction of a mixed use building. The project proposes construction of a 39-storey mixed-use building with commercial office space of floors one through five, furnished commercial rental office space on floors six to sixteen, and condominium apartments on floors seventeen to thirty-five, with 245 condominium residential units. The project will also include renovation to the façade of a 15 storey heritage building on the site, including improvements to exterior cladding and windows. A second heritage building will be demolished to make room for this project.

Scope: 340,000 square feet; 39 storeys; 5 storeys below grade; 247 units; parking for 196 cars
Development: New
Category: Apartment bldgs; Commercial offices; Retail, wholesale services

I have my fingers crossed for a better design when submitted later this year or next (and the design review panel having a go of it, as well).

maybe its just me but i wouldn't live at yonge dundas square if you payed me to! its just to busy and noisy and doesn't seem like the nicest place to live and i'd feel to chlostrophobic, walking out my front door and being swarmed by tons of people, i wish they could build a nice midsized office (no residential) with tons of billboards on it that would fit in better at yonge and dundas

Last edited:
maybe its just me but i wouldn't live at yonge dundas square if you payed me to! its just to busy and noisy and doesn't seem like the nicest place to live and i'd feel to chlostrophobic, walking out my front door and being swarmed by tons of people, i wish they could build a nice midsized office (no residential) with tons of billboards on it that would fit in better at yonge and dundas

Some people may want to live in a spot like this... and while it has yet to be shown how many, let them try! It's quite understandable that housing wouldn't start here until the 17th floor, and I would not be surprised if purchasers here did not have to sign a waiver similar to the ones that people who have signed who have moved in west of the airport in Mississauga in recent years in regards to potential noise and light pollution.

The building that is being demolished is on Victoria, as has been noted, and not in the picture above.

258 Victoria

3127051570_584167b7f0.jpg

Back