I like that old building. Has a Greenwich Village air to it that no tower can replace. Boo. It couldn't be incorporated?

http://app.toronto.ca/DevelopmentApplications/searchPlanningApp.do

21 DUNDAS SQ
Site Plan Approval 11 142477 STE 27 SA Ward 27
- Tor & E.York Mar 10, 2011 --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
Proposal for new developmetn for a 40 storeys - 362 units, fill in gap between the buildings - includes the demolition of one and retention of two historical buildings. Rezoning application - includes the demolition of one and retention of two historically listed buildings and demolition of 2-storey comercial building.

More height here by the looks of it--jolly good.

Wait-- now they are going to retain the brown brick building on Victoria Street? Please say it's so!!! I love that building.

They have no intention of retaining 258 Victoria.

includes the demolition of one and retention of two historically listed buildings and demolition of 2-storey comercial building

The brown building (258) will be demolished completely, as will its two-storey neighbour (the one containing Onyx Barbers). Removing 258 would be a shame, of course, as it contributes significantly to the character of the area, and is a dying breed of building in Toronto's downtown.

258 Victoria - to be demolished by tapesonthefloor, on Flickr

Just got back from Cuba and the government would not allow the developer to do this to this building. The government owns and control all facades of buildings as well maintain them. The rest belong to the devloper/owner.

The buildings facades in Havana are things we need here.

Another example of a BA project that could be done here where not only the existing Facade can be keep, but extended it to the south for 252 location.

Why destroy a heritage building? There must be other lots/buildings this thing could replace..

Yeah, like Dundas Sq itself! One of the stupidest, ugliest and most pointless projects in Toronto history.

I LOVE the HNR building. The fire escapes are gorgeous and I like the red lettering. The brown building is nice too and would hate to see it go for what will surely be an uninspiring condo.

Yeah, like Dundas Sq itself! One of the stupidest, ugliest and most pointless projects in Toronto history.

Having worked in tourism at that corner for a few years, let me tell you, I personally know hundreds of thousands of people (from all corners of the globe) who disagree with you. But if it made you feel better spewing out that unfounded, unsupported comment, then congratulations.

Just got back from Cuba and the government would not allow the developer to do this to this building. The government owns and control all facades of buildings as well maintain them. The rest belong to the devloper/owner.

The buildings facades in Havana are things we need here.

Another example of a BA project that could be done here where not only the existing Facade can be keep, but extended it to the south for 252 location.

To have the historical charm of Havana here in Toronot would be great, but would involve the monumental task of going back in time and rebuilding much of the city. I believe that this would fall under the category of "gravy" and therefore is unlikely to be approved by the Ford administration's budget.

All kidding aside, I agee that seeing this building go would be another in a long line of heritage losses.

Having worked in tourism at that corner for a few years, let me tell you, I personally know hundreds of thousands of people (from all corners of the globe) who disagree with you. But if it made you feel better spewing out that unfounded, unsupported comment, then congratulations.

oh, are you one of those guys that hands out CN Tower brochures at the corner?

Back