from today
20110212189.jpg

20110212191.jpg

20110212190.jpg

The commercial front of this building is going to look great and a contrast to the others on King Street west of Spadina. I am still wondering which resto will scoop up the spot because it will be high profile.
Secondly, the "animated alleyway" to the west of the building is also starting to take shape. Which artists or expresso shops that want to open up in that space will also add an interesting dynamic to the neighbourhood.

The "animated alleyway" is a bit on the thin side. Hopefully other such walkway/carriage way/pedestrian walkways for the area will provide a little more width.

That being said, it's nice to see the arrival or more passageways like this.

The King facade is looking great. This building looks much better than the renderings

Attachments

• Picturevictory.jpg
    Picturevictory.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 254
Yea, walked by this morning and some of the brick is now up on the south elevation below balconies and windows - all the glazing is coming along as well. It does look good.

Though just a little too tall for the area, the building facade is quite attractive and it looks like it will do well on the street level.

1 March 2011 I walked from one beautiful modern black brick building to the other along King St--from Parliament to Parkdale. From East to Victory, both impress but which one shall be Victorious? Art Battle is fun; but maybe condo battle is more appropriate?:D

259.jpg

Check out how to properly cap a building!

274qn.jpg

A real pity balconies were needed to sell these units, 'cause this facade is so nice!

260ox.jpg

Ok, so East wins by a garage--yes this entrance right on King West is naughty in a suburban kinda way, not cool Mr Wallman..err BLVD..err City Planners! Or was it those Allied Reit folks?

261y.jpg

262ws.jpg

If anyone is a future resident and is facing directly south in behind the former Mini Dealership (now a Patagonia) and wants information about an upcoming liquor license application for a restaurant/patio in the retail space just below your unit (not the King Street retail commercial space), please PM me ASAP.

Check out how to properly cap a building!

274qn.jpg

I've been wondering about that top NW-facing unit, have they turned it into the mechanical room?

Last edited by a moderator:

Back