Anyone have any updates or photos? I haven't been down to the area in quite some time.

Thanks.

I bike by it daily on the way to work. Things seem to be in constant motion but nothing is really going up yet. Looks like they are mostly landscaping and preparing the land.

Sorry I know this is the wrong thread, but I can't start new threads and I haven't found another one for this....Could someone start a new thread or point me to a better place to post this?

Interesting 3 storey laneway project on Bartlett Avenue near Dufferin and Bloor. There's a boiler factory in the laneway between Gladstone and Bartlett that's being converted into condo townhouses. I was at the community meeting for this last night....

http://www.toronto.ca/legdocs/mmis/2013/te/bgrd/backgroundfile-63116.pdf

They've been digging down and shoring up the north side against Ruskin Ave. and the houses for a while now. South side has also been dug down a bit, with some piping laid down (for drainage? I have no idea). It's pretty active there every weekday.

I also got my notice of excavation. Like vic said they've been at it for a while... hopefully they ramp up completely now. I'd like to know what completion date they are aiming at now.

I also got my notice of excavation. Like vic said they've been at it for a while... hopefully they ramp up completely now. I'd like to know what completion date they are aiming at now.

The Municipal comprehensive review final recommendations were released on Nov 5th, and Nov 21st the council met. If you read the document, there are two sites (362 Wallace) and another property, that they said it was a no brainer to convert to mixed use. They actually use 362 Wallace as an example, as it is surrounded by other residential properties. I wonder why that took 2 years to make a decision.

Looking forward to seeing this go up now.

Jan 12
11928689766_978f1f0f65_b.jpg

11928279504_0c6ebbd9bb_b.jpg

11927870415_3e2a838b8e_b.jpg

It means that a bunch of silly local residents are going to spend a whole lot of money trying to stop something that a) should be approved and b) will be approved. If anything, I'd hope board members question why more density wasn't planned here what with the B/D subway and GO station in close proximity.

Perhaps because of the style of these townhouses (stacked with no windows in the back). I have seen lots of these type of townhomes all over the place being proposed and first thought "nice townhomes" with 3 stories and then realize they are all stacked. Can builders no longer build actual houses in the city - true townhouses, semis or detached houses (not counting infills).

This is great news.
The developer pushed back the tentative occupancy date to the end of the year.

Here's hoping for a quick thaw and melt so that they can build this fast.

Back