O

Out of the way? Lol! Waterworks is smack dab in the middle of the second highest concentration of residential density in NA!
Yes, but will these locals keep returning and do so 7 days a week. I think successful food halls need lots of passing traffic but, as I said, we will soon find out.

Right and office traffic is really key as well - so that's going to play a role.

Office in this context can be anything (e.g. schools, ...) - something to generate day time traffic - often residents aren't necessarily working nearby so that doesn't help.

O

Out of the way? Lol! Waterworks is smack dab in the middle of the second highest concentration of residential density in NA!
I'd love to see the stats you are referring to there... Toronto lovers enjoy skewing stats to make themselves feel more important that they actually are. just for comparison I found this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_United_States_cities_by_population_density for the US. And we havent even consiered Mexican cities which are similar densities for entire cities, let alone in isolated neighborhoods. Guadalajara for example has twice the population of Toronto in a similar land area.

Oh no! Must I be accountable for what I say?!

I did not mean to start a tiff but I wondered if I was wrong so I did quickly look it up and found that the Old City of Toronto had 8,200 peeps/km2 whereas NY had 11,300 and San Francisco had 7,100. Now I said neighbourhood so 20,000 for Toronto Centre, 10,500 for Trinity-Spadina which looks like it places roughly second between NY and SF or Boston. (Wiki)

Now the comparison of statistical areas is a minefield but I based my statement on what I have read and not to feel better about myself. 😝

take out food has also exploded in the last decade, especially in places like downtown where a lot of people barely have functional "kitchens" in the units. A loooottttt of people exist these days eating out 4-5 nights a week, and they aren't doing it at sit-down restaurants. Places like this drive that kind of business.

take out food has also exploded in the last decade, especially in places like downtown where a lot of people barely have functional "kitchens" in the units. A loooottttt of people exist these days eating out 4-5 nights a week, and they aren't doing it at sit-down restaurants. Places like this drive that kind of business.
Good point! A very interesting observation

I think there was discussion about that here when one building revealed kitchens that don't include ovens, since they didn't expect people to be cooking in the kitchen anyways.

A little peek at work on The Foodhall. Taken 20 June.

IMG_4116.jpeg

IMG_4120.jpeg
IMG_4123.jpeg
IMG_4126.jpeg
IMG_4129.jpeg
IMG_4130.jpeg
IMG_4131.jpeg

Back