Don’t remind me; the most depressing demolition I’ve witnessed in my time observing this stuff. I’ll never understand how they were able to so swiftly demolish this thing with (ostensibly) no struggle (protests, heritage preservation battles, etc.)... and all to just make a weird driveway, park, and two hideous bunkers beside it.

From this morning - the pink glass is up, and it does redeem the project a bit:
IMG_2055.JPG

IMG_2057.JPG

AoD

Attachments

• IMG_2055.JPG
    IMG_2055.JPG
    602 KB · Views: 1,507
  • IMG_2057.JPG
    IMG_2057.JPG
    599.8 KB · Views: 1,494
Last edited:
Gender stereotypes aside, the grey cladding is truly atrocious - it look downright mouldy this morning. Like honestly, did they not test it out before deciding on it? A lighter cream limestone would have looked so much better.

AoD

They've started adding soil on the roof of the Pink Box, too. (There will be a sitting area and garden, with trees on the pink box). I'll try to snap a photo later today or tomorrow.

There's hoarding up within the building where the new phase is attached, reducing some of the available space (including the men's washroom on the floor I work on). By the sounds, they have finished most of the tie-in to the existing building. It was quite noisy for about 5 weeks in February and March.

Last edited:
More pics, from the 21st:

P1440892.jpg

P1440891.jpg

P1440890.jpg

Attachments

• P1440890.jpg
    P1440890.jpg
    196.3 KB · Views: 1,236
  • P1440891.jpg
    P1440891.jpg
    234.2 KB · Views: 1,203
  • P1440892.jpg
    P1440892.jpg
    224.2 KB · Views: 1,235
They've started adding soil on the roof of the Pink Box, too. (There will be a sitting area and garden, with trees on the pink box). I'll try to snap a photo later today or tomorrow.

Ok, it took me a bit longer to get these. Sorry for the quality, but they haven't cleaned the windows on the 7th floor in a while -- lots of handprints. And it's my cellphone. Nothing has changed since these were taken.

Looking SW from 7th floor, future roof garden with pink box and patio. Apr 28, 2015

Looking W, skylights. Apr 28

Tree planting in the Pink Box

So they planted all the trees today in the Pink Box at the southwest corner of the roof. The rest of the soil appears ready for planting.

First tree in the Pink Box.

Trees all planted. (Image is a bit crappy because of glare off the window. They really need to clean it!)

The huge pink planter box looks great from the street level! I love the green roof, will staff and patients have access to it?

The huge pink planter box looks great from the street level! I love the green roof, will staff and patients have access to it?

My understanding is that it will be accessible. I guess we'll find out for sure in September or so.

The box does improve the new building by quite a bit. Still rather drab.

Back