Counting down the hours for when they stop occupying the sidewalk on Logan and Eastern. Pace has really picked up though. Eastern can handle this type of density all the way from DVP to the Beach.

Eastern certainly has tremendous potential. Hope to see more balanced growth along it with increased residential and various employment spaces gradually filling in the remaining empty spaces.

From Alterra's IG:

Screenshot_20220824-112509_Instagram.jpg
Screenshot_20220824-112516_Instagram.jpg

Yeah, the bottom brick part looks great. The top (new) part is complete hot garbage. Disappointing, as I do think it's a welcomed change to the neighbourhood.

Edit:
It reminds me a lot of The Berczy:
View attachment 429730

Agreed; though at least at the Berczy those balconies and spandrel are set back a bit more, and less noticeable at close distances.

To be clear, while much, much better could and should have been expected, two simple choices would have improved this immeasurably.

1) Dump the balconies. Given the setbacks they protrude far too much and draw too much attention away from the heritage.

2) Go dark. The grey colour on the spandrel really stands out in a bad way. Making it all black (including the window frames) would not save this mess, but would make it less conspicuous.

To be clear, while much, much better could and should have been expected, two simple choices would have improved this immeasurably.

1) Dump the balconies. Given the setbacks they protrude far too much and draw too much attention away from the heritage.

2) Go dark. The grey colour on the spandrel really stands out in a bad way. Making it all black (including the window frames) would not save this mess, but would make it less conspicuous.

Dark was all they needed to do. I can't believe they pay people to make these bad decisions.

Back