woohoo new heights achieved in Markham ... 25s + ... and at 3.85 FSI density ! :D

Liberty_Yonge_siteplan_new.jpg

MODs ... although heights stats will be further revised, can this thread be revised in the interim to:

"7161 & 7171 Yonge St @ Doncaster (LEED Silver, Yonge & Steeles, Liberty Dev Co, 34 + 32 + 27 + 22 + 21s)" :)

Solaris, I'm aiming at keep these expanded thread titles short as possible. Not every fact about the development needs to be in the title, just enough to be a very basic FAQ.

In this case, I do not see the 21 storey building in the plan that you are referring to.

yup directions noted I-42 ~ sorry about the mess please chop it up as appropriate :)

wrt to 21s, thats the office/hotel/retail building at the northwest corner of the site along Yonge Street, if you look closely at the plan (in PDF) and the staff report, it describes that as a ground retail + 10 storey office + 10 hotel (hence 21s)

Okay - thanks!

So the original office component was replaced with a hotel. Makes sense, as there is not much (if any) hotels in and around that area that I can remember.

Now if only they'd redevelop the South East corner of Yonge / Steeles. The Optical building is such an eyesore.

if I read the plans correctly ... I think the office is still in this proposal, its just a mixed use building now that stacks retail (ground) with office (2-11th flr) and hotel (12-21st flr)

Don't know if someone wants to rename the thread but this thing finally has a (lame?) name and a (basic) website...

www.worldonyonge.ca

Oh, and the planning details here are probably a bit out of date...
As of February it's two 31-storey towers on Yonge with a 9-storey podium. There are 2 more residential towers on Meadowview/Doncaster at 27 and 18 storeys with a 8-storey podium.

Then, where the Wendy's is now is a 22-storey hotel/condo building. Then there's 2 storey retail around the site and parkland etc.

There are pics in the PDF above but I don't think I'm tech-savvy enough to upload them here...

Last edited:
Well it's not as vomit-inducing as I first thought.

I never thought this plan would be 'vomit-inducing' ... in fact it is typical glass towers, but with some nice curved glass walls ... adds an interesting dimension to an otherwise boxy glass tower :)

apparently Kirkor Architects is behind this project ~

yippers ... finally some height in Markham ....... 31x2 + 27 + 22 + 18s :D

these towers aren't bad looking really ....... EVEN if it is by Kirkor Architects

attachment.php

^Liberty is cut from the same cloth as Kirkor. If it's anybody's mistake, it's York Regions.

these towers aren't bad looking really ....... EVEN if it is by Kirkor Architects

It's just a rendering. In reality expect the cheapest of window walls with hideous spandrel

Council wasn't 100% happy with the design and want them working with the community to finesse it. They made them incorporate bird-friendly design and stuff like that.

It seems like pretty typical Kirkor, for the most part. At least none of the buildings looks like a lego version of the Sears Tower or something.

Back