A nearly completed X by night

Click on the thumbnail to enlarge, then click again on the image for full size.

that is so sweet man! love all the light trails you got down at street level!

I did a pano from this one and the Casa pic... it took a lot of distorting to make them line up, but here it is:

4298422036_9636819dc4_b.jpg

Last edited:
that is so sweet man! love all the light trails you got down at street level!

I did a pano from this one and the Casa pic... it took a lot of distorting to make them line up, but here it is:

All thanks to your photographic tips Redroom, thank you :) Cool pano too!

I just noticed that it looks like the crane is coming down, probably this week.

I just noticed that it looks like the crane is coming down, probably this week.

Maybe, this will signify the near-end of construction...
I just noticed how short-lived and uneventful this construction process has been... It shot up so fast with simplistic design and it almost slipped by un-noticed (to some)... there was not a whole lot to WOW! about this building... X2 and Couture will probably make the area be more busy and awesome!

Nice distortion Redroom!!!! I wish X was that skinny!!! :)

4297844731_7694619e7c_b.jpg

View from west

Note the strange pyramid contraption. For a topping-off ceremony, window washing rig, or to help remove the crane? (No notices have been posted in the area for imminent traffic closures). Anyone seen something like this before to solve the mystery?

Last edited:
Yes, that's what I noticed when I was looking closer at my photo from last night. It's to disassemble the crane and is quite common.

Ah, beat me to it! I was just going to post that the crane would appear to be coming down.

Tomorrow or the day after I imagine.

Jan. 31st Update

Madam X is a thing of beauty!

Note: I set my camera setting to photograph in the RAW format only instead of JPG & RAW but I screwed up and it only photographed JPG images today (DAMN! I froze my fingers off taking all of these). When I was editing the photos I also noticed a problem which turned out to be smudges on my lens filter :(. Sorry, I'll do better next time but they turned out "OK" for the most part.

Enjoy.

Click on the thumbnail to enlarge, then click again on the image for full size.

Toronto Hydro really needs to pay some attention to this lot, it's an total eyesore to Charles Street

Last edited:
wow....... wow.......

X Condo looks incredible! all clad in glass this thing looks sexy!... cladding looks almost complete!...

I LOVE the interesting pattern the clouds have on the glass!

Last edited:
wow....... wow.......

X Condo looks incredible! all clad in glass this thing looks sexy!... cladding looks almost complete!...

I LOVE the interesting pattern the clouds have on the glass!

steveve I'm sorry, those are smudges on my UV lens filter, not clouds :(

I'll do a better update really soon.

Last edited:
I finished X the way it should have been done!

4321056842_2c700a3586_o.jpg

(Original courtesy of dt_toromto_geek with my questionable Photoshop skills)

sick! I think i like Traynors version of X condo!... it looks better WITHOUT the mechanical box!

Thats a bad-ass photoshop Traynor! Keep it up! :cool:

Thanks Steveve. I kept the height of the mechanical penthouse but added a TD Tower like facade that surrounds it. I just feel it keeps with the theme better that way.

This orignal glass version would have worked just fine too (as previously posted by Automation Gallery)
x-condos1.jpg

The mechanical box they actually put up there reminds of a joining peg on a toy building block. Somebody is just going to come along one day and stack a few more on top..

Back