They just took down and shredded up a couple of mature trees on the perimeter of the site. A bit of a shame - hopefully they'll plant some replacements.

Little stick trees, maybe.

You know the ones I make reference to, then. Stick tree + summer = death.

X Condo site today

X_site.jpg

They just took down and shredded up a couple of mature trees on the perimeter of the site. A bit of a shame - hopefully they'll plant some replacements.

Actually, my bad. The trees in question were on the Couture condo site next door. I suppose we should blame them instead (I live in Phase I, and all my experiences with the developer so far have stunk, so I'm more than willing to use them as a scapegoat for all the problems in the universe).

One of my best friend's lives there too (Bloor Walk). It's a great building but the developer is questionable. He's still trying to get deficiencies addressed and his heat pump has flooded three times (again in June or July) and damaged the hardwood flooring in his bedrooms. I understand TARION is withholding their completion bond.

What I consider an illegal parking lot off Hayden is conveniently considered a "staging area". It is supposed to become a "publicly-accessible private open space" according to Kyle Rae. Stage 2 has been delayed a long time, but we've had that staging area raring to go! Thanks, Philmor!

I suppose we should blame them instead (I live in Phase I, and all my experiences with the developer so far have stunk, so I'm more than willing to use them as a scapegoat for all the problems in the universe).

Monarch was not involved with Philmor in phase one.

A construction worker told me this morning (Oct 3) that they will be installing shoring beams for another 6 weeks. I learned earlier that the big crane is scheduled to go up in late January.

hahaha...i feel like Elane on the subway with regards to this and so many other developments going up right now...priceless episode

Were stopped for RATS? RATS?!!! just MOVE...MOVE!!

X Condominium Progress Nov 4, 2007

I assume this construction site consists of both X and Couture?

DSCN1305.jpg

DSCN1306.jpg

DSCN1307.jpg

DSCN1308.jpg

Yes, the photos you post show the X site. In the middle of the last photo you can see the sales office for Couture in the background which is very close (within a dozen feet) of where the property line begins for that project. If built, Couture will be sandwiched between X and the Realstar apartment building.

Back