Very interesting landscaping taking place today, with planting of Wintercreeper Euonymus (a type of ivy that turns a reddish colour in the fall according to a helpful lady in a local greenhouse). I'm continually pleasantly surprised by the attention to detail in the exterior work.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Euonymus_fortunei

Is that in the long concrete planter box that runs parallel to the sidewalk on Jarvis Street?

I'm disappointed in the material used to cover the pillars, perhaps this is only prep work?

I agree - I hope that they don't plan to leave the pillars looking like that. Painting the concrete a flat black just doesn't cut it. It looks good from far but is far from good. The only suitable finish would be black anodized aluminum panels.

While painting the pillars black are at best okay , the best thing would have been to clad them. This building deserves the effort.

Is that in the long concrete planter box that runs parallel to the sidewalk on Jarvis Street?

The plants are along Charles Street and the border with the Gerstein Centre. See the followup post.

Last edited:
X Update

As anticipated, the X2 sales office has moved into one of the townhouses, next to the site office.

4824408400_52b16528d3_b.jpg

4824408944_0d6d607c81_b.jpg

4823794659_ea263f4a68_b.jpg

Wintercreeper planted yesterday. Incidentally, the fellow in the background is washing the windows of the main entrance door. I wonder when the first residents move in - must be soon!

Last edited:
Rosenberg Landscape architects certainly added value to this project. The pedestrian experience, and how the building hits the ground score high in the urban design department. Also, when built out the pair of Xs form a spectacular gateway to the Charles St residential strip.

Back