X is nearing completion of the 2nd floor.
The crane being taken down made my heart skip a beat.
Click on the thumbnail to enlarge, then click again on the image for full size.

Why are they taking down the crane?

It looks similar to the crane that Casa was using at the beginning before they replaced it with a more powerful/faster crane. I wonder if that's what's going on here...?

Why are they taking down the crane?

It looks similar to the crane that Casa was using at the beginning before they replaced it with a more powerful/faster crane. I wonder if that's what's going on here...?

I hope so

Um I really hope that it's because they only need one crane, and that something else isn't going on here.

The mast is still standing and instead of trucking the boom out it's just laying across the second floor of the condo, which all makes me wonder what's going on. I wonder if either there was a mechanical problem that required them to disassemble the crane, or if maybe they need to change out the mast for some reason (maybe they need to switch to a climbing mast?)

they swapped out cranes at a couple of Mississauga sites as well....don't know why...but then construction re-commenced...wouldn't worry too much...

nice pics today, dt_geek, and also to everyone else who has posted on various threads....

/not crazy about thumbnails, but what can you do...

March 15th Update

Ta-da! Monster crane up.

Not sure if it was an issue on this site, but MOL hired a number of new crane inspectors last year (right after the accident in NYC) - so there are more regular & rigorous inspections taking place across the GTA.

Not sure if it was an issue on this site, but MOL hired a number of new crane inspectors last year (right after the accident in NYC) - so there are more regular & rigorous inspections taking place across the GTA.

That's good to know. It's strange that an entire crane would be changed out instead of just completing repairs or addressing deficiencies to a part of a crane. Who knows....

Last edited:
That's good to know. It's strange that an entire crane would be changed out instead of just completing repairs or addressing deficiencies to a part of a crane. Who knows....

Again, I don't know what the specifics are on the site we are discussing, but if there are any compromises in structural integrity usually the whole crane will come out and rather then waiting for specific repairs and new one will be brought in immediately to keep the project on schedule.

March 21 Update

X, 3rd floor complete.
First shot from Jarvis Street, second shot on Charles St. E. of town homes/rooftop amenity area & third shot on Charles St. E of town home & tower areas

March 29th X Update

Time for an X update. 4th floor should be complete this week

Back