21 May 2009 photo update

Cladding? @130pm today

dsc00292q.jpg

dsc00291v.jpg

Last edited:
ooooh!!!! Thanks for the pics! Havent been to the site in a week or so, -but if they're keeping up with their current rate, Im guessing they're currently on the 11th or 12th floor? (edit: nevermind, -I missed the picture above! doh!)

Good or bad, 'X' is really going to stand out. It's too early to tell if it's a success or not, -but this isnt your average glass tower.

Last edited:
Ive thought X was a winner since I first saw the drawings. A lot of the appeal for me is the location. This building is going to look sweet here!

May 22nd Update

The 11th floor is complete, pouring of the 12th floor slabs & supports has begun. Oh, you'll also find something else of interest below.

I'm very excited about what I saw today. Very excited.

Not to take away from some of our great glass buildings of late (Murano, Casa, Spire, Union Telus, Pure Spirit, Maple Leaf Square etc.) but it's so refreshing to see something different.

Click on the thumbnail to enlarge, then click again on the image for full size.

Last edited:
Oh wow, that's actually surprisingly sharp. Much nicer than what I was expecting. I've got a feeling this is going to turn into one of my favourites.

That looks damn good. This could end up looking a cut above what we are used to with condos in this city. The render made it seem that way but seeing some actual outer materials lends more evidence.

So the glass is grey-ish, almost clear by the looks of things. This is what I expected. However, that cladding is awesome. I didn't think the cladding was going to be so noticeable, and that we'd see far more glass based on the renders, but it still looks like it's going to be awesome.
Very reflective glass!

Back