Wow, I wasn't expected cladding like that. Very nice. And very Mies.

TD%2006.jpg

I'm impressed.

I think that floor is just for amenities. Every other floor looks like it will have floor to ceiling windows.

Actually I do not think this will be the case. I think this style will carry throughout the entire building (the panel glass with black framing like the TD building). You can see it in the rendering attached.

I prefer this style vs. just sheets of glass like Casa, etc. Will make the building look very impressive. Imagine 44 floors with this cladding with straight vertical lines all the way up, and the splashes of colour? Will be wicked and people will recognize this condo as a landmark vs. another glass square.

Attachments

• x-condos.jpg
    x-condos.jpg
    111 KB · Views: 266
I saw this in person today. This is going to be beautiful. I gotta say I'm kinda jealous.

No need to be. A year from now you'll be all settled into (my opinion) one of the best looking highrise condos built so far this cycle.

No need to be. A year from now you'll be all settled into (my opinion) one of the best looking highrise condos built so far this cycle.

Casa is great, but the wrapping balconies are bound to be an element of concern when residents store stuff there. I'm not a fan of excessive condo board regulation; the architect should take future balcony clutter into consideration. The bright side is that with Casa's height and 'hat', what's on the balcony will probably not seem significant to those on the streets from most perspectives.

May 23 2009 update

before realising that dt has already provided a great update ... here my reporting while in the area with T-square ~

IMG_3835.jpg

the glass looks a little green ??

IMG_3837.jpg

seXy

UT-ites that love Accolade etc: This project demonstrates how you separate quality architects from the also-rans!

thank you for the acknowledgement UD ... I certainly agree X is looking sharp ... definitely stands out among the recent glass/steel towers ...

I find it funny people are all over this like it's the best thing ever to happen in the city, yet there is only one piece of gladding and glass up :p

the glass looks a little green ??

IMG_3837.jpg

When I walked by late last night there were work lights on inside and the lower glass panels appeared to have a slight black tint to it. Interesting how it looks like it has a little green tint in your photo.

I think the green could be partly due to reflections from the trees and the Rogers building. If you look to the left of the right-most column in that picture you can see through the glass to the white building behind in the distance, and comparing the view through the glass and the view above the glass, the glass appears to be almost completely clear

May 25th Update

I think the green could be partly due to reflections from the trees and the Rogers building. If you look to the left of the right-most column in that picture you can see through the glass to the white building behind in the distance, and comparing the view through the glass and the view above the glass, the glass appears to be almost completely clear

No, it's green tinted glass.

This is flying up now...

Click on the thumbnail to enlarge, then click again on the image for full size.

4 months ago they were moving at 1.5 floors every two weeks. now there doing 2 every week. what happened??:)

Turquoisey-green glass and greyish-black rest-of-cladding look snazzy together (unlike most brownish-grey precast + green glass combos). Perhaps X could be slotted into the same phylum as 112 St. Clair West.

Cladding and Glass

Well I must say WOW this is looking stunning..at an early stage. We walked by on Saturday afternoon and definatley , it has a green tint to it (the glass). It is not an over exposed photo..it really looks like that. And i gather the excitement(Xcitement) is due to the fact this is one of the freshest most interesting designs in a long long time in this city. And what is better than a condo building looking similar to the TD Centre..I daresay!! Todays additional photos build the excitement more..imagine this all the way up the entire building..stunning! Thanks for posting these new photos!!

Back