Yes, the unifying power of representing buildings of different colours in shades of grey - as opposed to having done with it and just building them all in grey.

And those little dashes of colour on Madame X's gown, that'll jump out all the more because they're so understated ... and catch Casa's eye ... while poor dumpy BSN sits and waits, and waits, for someone to ask her to dance.

I think X2 is biting the bullet for her prettier sister. She knows her place is in the background providing support, but she'll be asked to dance because she's of the same family.

X has 8' ceilings from the 4th - 17th floor (13 floors), 9' ceilings from 18-44 (26 floors) .

The best information I can find from X's planning report indicates that X was reduced from 141 metres (462 feet) to 129 metres (423 feet) to the roofline (not incl. mechanical). Then there was an application last April for a 2 metre (7 foot) increase. So that likely means the building is 131 metres (430 feet) + mech. Casa's height as per the latest planning document I have (which corresponds with the 400' list) is 138 metres (453 feet).

I'm still not quite sure how CASA is only 23 feet taller considering it has 2 extra floors to make up this difference. I thought X was 8' throughout so I would have therefore guessed casa to be 50' taller. Add an extra 13 feet for the 4-17th floors being a foot higher then I alsothought the upper floors of CASA are 10' but maybe those are just th PH units. But then I'd add an extra 10 feet for the 4th and 5th floors of CASA being closer to 13'. Oh well... I didn't realise X has 3 podium floors I thought it was just 2. What are on the first 3 floors?

I'm still not quite sure how CASA is only 23 feet taller considering it has 2 extra floors to make up this difference. I thought X was 8' throughout so I would have therefore guessed casa to be 50' taller. Add an extra 13 feet for the 4-17th floors being a foot higher then I alsothought the upper floors of CASA are 10' but maybe those are just th PH units. But then I'd add an extra 10 feet for the 4th and 5th floors of CASA being closer to 13'. Oh well... I didn't realise X has 3 podium floors I thought it was just 2. What are on the first 3 floors?

X has a double height lobby which is counted as two levels then above that is the amenities level (3rd floor) followed by the suites above that. X was also cut down from 45 to 44 floors when they were denied the original height that they applied for of 141.5m. Presumably at that point they chopped off a floor and reduced 13 floors from 9' to 8' to maintain 44 floors. I don't know if the math works on that but those are the figures I can find.

Oct. 13th Update

X from Jarvis south of Wellesley, and from above

Click on the thumbnail to enlarge, then click again on the image for full size.

Yes, the unifying power of representing buildings of different colours in shades of grey - as opposed to having done with it and just building them all in grey.

And those little dashes of colour on Madame X's gown, that'll jump out all the more because they're so understated ... and catch Casa's eye ... while poor dumpy BSN sits and waits, and waits, for someone to ask her to dance.

I think X2 is biting the bullet for her prettier sister. She knows her place is in the background providing support, but she'll be asked to dance because she's of the same family.

I do hope you'll flesh this story out in due course, Shocker - preferably, to book length, if that's at all possible. It sounds like a real scaffolding-ripper. I'm especially interested to read your description of what happens when Madame X and Casa get back from the ball. (Chapter XII: Your Lot or Mine?)

My guess is that Casa will fall under the bewitching spell of that great courtesan of the harbour, the grande horizontale Corus, and ditch Madame X at the altar. Broken-hearted, she'll take a vow of chastity, remove her little coloured flourishes so she matches her less vivacious sister, and get herself to a nunnery where she'll waste away and die of consumption. X2 will put on lots of weight, shack up with BSN, they'll have several rather plain low rise offspring, she'll walk out on him and move in with Star of Downtown and go on pogey.

My guess is that Casa will fall under the bewitching spell of that great courtesan of the harbour, the grande horizontale Corus, and ditch Madame X at the altar. Broken-hearted, she'll take a vow of chastity, remove her little coloured flourishes so she matches her less vivacious sister, and get herself to a nunnery where she'll waste away and die of consumption. X2 will put on lots of weight, shack up with BSN, they'll have several rather plain low rise offspring, she'll walk out on him and move in with Star of Downtown and go on pogey.

You're plagiarizing Shocker, Family Guy did this 2 seasons ago.

peter_blob.jpg

Those shots posted above of X by dt_toronto_geek... ARE INSANE!!!!

Especially the one showing yonge-eglington......

Respectable Mr and Mrs. Minto-Midtown are happily married, and won't be involved in any of this downtown sordidness thank you very much.

I wonder if the flirty, dirty Rogers building will Neuschwanstein anyone into a quick PoMo fling that they'll later regret?

Well, I was on board for the opening act, but the Corus twist asks me to suspend my disbelief one magnitude of gravitational force too far! Shocker, should you shoulder SNF's challenge to author more than just the synopsis, I assume we'll find that on your Neighbourhood Watch (and not here, Darling)!

Well, I was on board for the opening act, but the Corus twist asks me to suspend my disbelief one magnitude of gravitational force too far! Shocker, should you shoulder SNF's challenge to author more than just the synopsis, I assume we'll find that on your Neighbourhood Watch (and not here, Darling)!

I, for one, will look forward to that ongoing saga!

Some shots below of the framing going up around the lobby and then a few shots from the Jarvis & Bloor area.
It looks to me like there's one more floor to go + mech. and then Madame X will be topped off.

Click on the thumbnail to enlarge, then click again on the image for full size.

Respectable Mr and Mrs. Minto-Midtown are happily married, and won't be involved in any of this downtown sordidness thank you very much.

I wonder if the flirty, dirty Rogers building will Neuschwanstein anyone into a quick PoMo fling that they'll later regret?

I believe that Madam X and Casa will never comsummate their relationship in the same way that the Empire State Building and the Chrysler Building did in Delirious New York so many years ago (note the used dirigible condom on their bed). Madame X will age quite gracefully, after all she's a classic beauty. Signore Casa, unfortunately, will not (in spite of all his Armanis) given his insistance on wearing his dated silly hat all the time. Madame X will be patient with him, particularly because they're actually step-siblings (their father was Peter Vanderclewes; different mothers).

delirious.jpg

Unfortunately, Madame X2's story is not so placid. Cursed with a rather ungainly rear podium, she lacks confidence and enters into a disastrous relationship with NumberOneBloor until finally finding true love in the arms of Mississauga's Marilyn Monroe Building.

Last edited:
... yet being a 'size queen' on the quiet who can fail to notice La X2 eyeing Senor CN most wantonly. 'Tis a sordid affair indeed!

Back