You need to do your homework.

I weep when I think of what X2 will do to your view. It would be like getting a diagnosis of late stage macular degeneration.

I don't care to hear from those cynics who will say "If you wanted a preserved view, you should have bought in the country. This is the city."

I don't believe with proper planning that that has to be true. Vancouver manages a version of sight-lines to preserve mountain views or whatnot.

And if I had been a purchaser in the southwest corner of X, I would have much preferred to have X2 directly south and across from me, blocking a piece of the lake view (A piece that is not that spectacular, just ask MikeinTO about that) and a view you could look just to the left of X2 and still see miles of lake. All the while, conserving one of the most spectacular views for X owners.

All three towers: Couture, X and X2, if built fronting Jarvis, would all have managed to have that spectacular view for the west and south-west suites. But some dumbass got his way and beauty is destroyed for money.

It makes me sick to my stomach. :mad:

I am sad to see people loose their views. That's why you really need to check the areas between the building you buy a unit from, and the view that you want. Is there any lots that may be developed in the future? If there are empty lots or parking lots, forget about it if the view is a priority.

I agree that X2 should be in line with Couture and X. It would have taken up the least interesting bit of the skyline, like Traynor said. This way Couture, X and 235 Bloor will lose the best views of downtown.

November 28th Update

From Jarvis Street south of the X site

Click on the thumbnail to enlarge, then click again on the image for full size.

The balconies are moving along quickly now, they finish off the building brilliantly. Below, the south & east sides, east & north sides, east side, south side and south & west sides respectively.

Lobby glass from behind fencing. I can't wait for the hoarding and fences to come down to get an unobstructed view of the lobby.

The towns. Interestingly they've poured a concrete slab in front of them, I'm not quite sure for or why. Time will tell.

x2

I agree that X2 should be in line with Couture and X. It would have taken up the least interesting bit of the skyline, like Traynor said. This way Couture, X and 235 Bloor will lose the best views of downtown.

If X2 was right in line with X then the south facing X units and north facing X2 units would be looking right into each other.The way they plan X2 now at least you don/t look right into the next building/units. We bought south facing at X , and don/t understand all the weeping over X2 and its location (especially from people that did not even buy there) We realize that you lose part of your view (as we will) but a staggered setting is better than directly facing you as then you lose all your view. And X2 will be a smart building..nothing bad to look at (better than a parking lot). This is the city..no guaranteed views unless you are right on the waterfront at waters edge.
X2 has had tremendous response..apparantely over 50 % already sold now.!!!!! Update...X2 sold out! 30 Nov.

Last edited:
new pics

From Jarvis Street south of the X site

Click on the thumbnail to enlarge, then click again on the image for full size.

The balconies are moving along quickly now, they finish off the building brilliantly. Below, the south & east sides, east & north sides, east side, south side and south & west sides respectively.

Lobby glass from behind fencing. I can't wait for the hoarding and fences to come down to get an unobstructed view of the lobby.

The towns. Interestingly they've poured a concrete slab in front of them, I'm not quite sure for or why. Time will tell.

Xcellent pics of X! The one photo clearly shows how nice the frosted glass division goes right to the ceiling. The lobby is looking sharp from what one can see.

was in the city last night and got a great view of X driving down Mt Pleasant as it looms above the buildings on Bloor East! Since it was raining there was no point trying to stop and get any pictures but if anyone else is in the area, give it a look.

Last edited:
was in the city last night and got a great view of X driving down Mt Pleasant as it looms above the buildings on Bloor East! Since it was raining there no point trying to stop and get any pictures but if anyone else is in the area, give it a look.

Yeah... I know exactly what you mean :)

6 Months ago when X was alot shorter, i was never really blown away from Mount Pleasant/Bloor Ramp... But last month I noticed how nice X looked in the Bloor East skyline!... It really is the centerpiece and towers over all of those other condos...

I'll try to get some distant shots of X today!

X2

Wow! Just got back from the sales office and officially X2 is SOLD OUT. I asked the sales rep about units being held back for later and she said no , the only units that will be available are those that are within their 10 day recission period..after the whole to do last week with the realtors/brokers at the Interconti on Bloor , the remaining units they sold on the public pre-registration day which was this past Sat 28 Nov..so if this is how X2 sold out in such a short time how will it be when GGH releases 1 Bloor? The rep seemed to think the high publicity from Bloor St last week coupled with the fact people can now see what they get when they see X , sold X2 out.

Last edited:
I'm going to ignore all the complaints about the view of downtown here, just imagine the view from the ground once X2/Couture get built! That staggered line will look nothing short of amazing.

Wow! Just got back from the sales office and officially X2 is SOLD OUT. I asked the sales rep about units being held back for later and she said no , the only units that will be available are those that are within their 10 day recission period..after the whole to do last week with the realtors/brokers at the Interconti on Bloor , the remaining units they sold on the public pre-registration day which was this past Sat 28 Nov..so if this is how X2 sold out in such a short time how will it be when GGH releases 1 Bloor? The rep seemed to think the high publicity from Bloor St last week coupled with the fact people can now see what they get when they see X , sold X2 out.

I'm stunned. Walking by around 4pm I saw lots of cars parked on Charles Street in front of X and the X2 sales office lot was jammed with cars too. I wonder what's going on in there if there's nothing to sell?

That's pretty sad, but I guess it's the nature of the business.

If X2 is sold out....... dosen't that mean there's a good chance of a hight increase:)

I'm stunned. Walking by around 4pm I saw lots of cars parked on Charles Street in front of X and the X2 sales office lot was jammed with cars too. I wonder what's going on in there if there's nothing to sell?

It was the same when I was there at 12:30 this afternoon..and from what I could hear..alot of the folks in that small sales office were realtors and I saw a few people with contracts in hand. (crammed..get this..they were handing out numbers to wait for the one washroom if you needed it!!) But again 2 different sales reps (I know them both from when we bought at X) said they have nothing left to sell and are not holding back any units (hard to believe that but if sales/demand is so hot for this then might very well be.). And one of the realtors/brokers I heard say something about a few lowrise podium units that he has for clients....interesting.

Last edited:
lowrise

They still have the low rise to sell.

As I was in the sales office at 12:30 this afternoon I heard one of the brokers/realtors saying to a salesrep that he needed some more info for the couple of units he bought for clients in the podium (he was wanting to know what kind of retail would be going in)...so maybe they were not released for the general public pre registration event this past Sat but I guess brokers had an opportunity already last week. Yet one thing is interesting...the X2 brochure floorplans have the Fowler at 908 sq feet as the largest unit..yet the X2 advertising states "up to 1600 sq feet" so they must still be releasing some of the over 1000 sq foot larger units at some point ..or decided against having them if the smaller ones all sold so well? Or combining units...as in last Fridays Globe and Mail real estate section had an article X marks the spot again..they mention combing units..which would make 1660 sq foot from two south facing units combined.

Last edited:

Back