The view down from Charles Street West / ROM now contains 1 St. Thomas, (soon 77 Charles), BSN, CASA, and X. It's incredible. Not to mention Uptown and CrystalBlu at times.

I would like to thank everyone for their comments and pictures. We have purchased at X, and have enjoyed everyone's comments and pictures over the past few months. What a great way to share information.
I went into the Decor Center the other day and I'm on the 43rd, does that mean they are pretty much done options?
How many floors to go? 5??

I think it's now time to introduce the real Madame X that inspired Clewes (all this talk about Mies was simply a smokescreen).

"Madame X" by John Singer Sargent (1884)

Sargent_MadameX.jpg

Of course, I could be mistaken and Urban Shocker was referring to the Lana Turner "Madame X", given its byline:

Madame-X-1.jpg

Actually, neither American babe. In keeping with the Bauhaus roots of Mies's TD Centre, the inspiration was Teutonic - as in German director Ulrike Ottinger’s 1977 lesbian pirate film Madame X: an Absolute Ruler.

Madame X, a harsh, pitiless beauty, the cruel, uncrowned ruler of the China seas, launched an appeal to all women willing to exchange an everyday existence of almost unbearable boredom, though safe and easy, for a world of uncertainty and danger, but also full of love and adventure.

http://www.wmm.com/advscripts/imgdown.asp?recordid=424

I would like to thank everyone for their comments and pictures. We have purchased at X, and have enjoyed everyone's comments and pictures over the past few months. What a great way to share information.
I went into the Decor Center the other day and I'm on the 43rd, does that mean they are pretty much done options?

There were 6 or 7 floors to go + mech. on the 17th, figure one floor per week being poured so there are 5 or 6 floors + mech. to go.

I think it's now time to introduce the real Madame X that inspired Clewes (all this talk about Mies was simply a smokescreen).

"Madame X" by John Singer Sargent (1884)

Sargent_MadameX.jpg

Actually, neither American babe. In keeping with the Bauhaus roots of Mies's TD Centre, the inspiration was Teutonic - as in German director Ulrike Ottinger’s 1977 lesbian pirate film Madame X: an Absolute Ruler.

Madame X, a harsh, pitiless beauty, the cruel, uncrowned ruler of the China seas, launched an appeal to all women willing to exchange an everyday existence of almost unbearable boredom, though safe and easy, for a world of uncertainty and danger, but also full of love and adventure.

http://www.wmm.com/advscripts/imgdown.asp?recordid=424

Sounds like "X" (the condo)'s target market.....

Hey it looks like we are going to be neighbours... I am on the 43rd as well!

Sept. 24th update

To correct what I stated above, X is now poured to the 39th floor, supports now being assembled to pour the 40th floor.

Click on the thumbnail to enlarge, then click again on the image for full size.

From Jarvis Street:

From Charles Street, incl. town homes:

Putting Green

Just walked by the site and it looks like the sod is being laid in the square
at back, behind townhouses , which I was told is the putting green....anyone for a little game of golf at the corner of Jarvis/Charles?!

Interesting.....I just assumed that they were going to use a fake turf for the putting green, I almost prefer it that way cause it'll keep the maint fees a little lower.

My guess is that this area will utimately become an area for dogs.....and less golfing

Back