I think the best way to explain this building to someone is that it's an Andy Warhol take on Mies Van Der Rohe.... and it's brilliant. I am so happy with what a sleek building it is. And true enough to the original on a surface level that anyone can draw the comparison.

That last shot someone took looking up the side of the tower, forming the gridiron pattern-- that's what made me think about the comparison. It reminded me of all those types of shots taken up the side of the TD Centre.

As for the putting green location... that seems a bit strange, but we'll see how that bottom area looks when completed. I do think that many of the features being included into condos are gimmicky. Plus, people want to leave home to do fun stuff, not take their friends out around back to do fun stuff.

So I went to the sales centre and I heard they might be adding floors. I really would take this with a grain of salt because I could not find the notice the guy said was posted. Anyone have any insights?

Anyway. Here are some pictures taken today. Including the brick work I am not too impressed with (West wall brick breaks do not line-up). But I think I am the only one, lol.

Updated I saw:
- Lobby window frame work being installed
- Putting green
- driveways

Sorry for the low-res pics but the full ones were too big as I am posting a few. Enjoy.

Attachments

• IMG_4696.jpg
    IMG_4696.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 230
  • IMG_4698.jpg
    IMG_4698.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 252
  • IMG_4701.jpg
    IMG_4701.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 237
  • IMG_4706.jpg
    IMG_4706.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 249
  • IMG_4712.jpg
    IMG_4712.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 255
  • IMG_4714.jpg
    IMG_4714.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 232
  • IMG_4716.jpg
    IMG_4716.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 230
  • IMG_4718.jpg
    IMG_4718.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 208
  • IMG_4720.jpg
    IMG_4720.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 233
  • IMG_4721.jpg
    IMG_4721.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 243
  • IMG_4724.jpg
    IMG_4724.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 222
  • IMG_4731.jpg
    IMG_4731.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 232
  • IMG_4732.jpg
    IMG_4732.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 226
  • IMG_4737.jpg
    IMG_4737.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 223
So I went to the sales centre and I heard they might be adding floors. I really would take this with a grain of salt because I could not find the notice the guy said was posted. Anyone have any insights?

Who said this? Did you overhear this in conversation or did a sales agent tell you this?
It seems strange that this late in the game they might add more floors, there's only 4 levels left to top out - basically in about one month.

Who said this? Did you overhear this in conversation or did a sales agent tell you this?
It seems strange that this late in the game they might add more floors, there's only 4 levels left to top out - basically in about one month.

Some guy asked the front girl re: a posting on the site about increasing the height. There were no sales people there to confirm.

The height increase is for a mere 2 meters for the mechanical. There is a notice on the site for it.

I'm pretty sure what their referring to.

It would be rare this late in the game to make any major changes.

The putting green does not seem very functional. I mean, how many people will really use it? As someone has mentioned, it will probably become a dog park...unfortunately. It would have been nice if they had put a dog park in that space...

The putting green does not seem very functional. I mean, how many people will really use it? As someone has mentioned, it will probably become a dog park...unfortunately. It would have been nice if they had put a dog park in that space...

is it a putting green or for bacci ball?

i say that b/c the designers for X, Ceconni Simone, have done similar for another project.

Judging by the layout...I don't think so...its not long enough, I was there today when they were working in it, one of the construction workers had a club and ball haha

Hi, I'll be staying at the rental apartment building facing the construction site for the next month so I thought I should add some photo's of the inside that I can see (double click for the super-sized originals):

Floors 4 to 6 (assuming that the 3rd floor is the ammenities with frosted glass - change rooms?)
West side

East side

West Side
Slightly higher up (10, 11 & 12)

The new putting green, the darker green is fake turf:

what confuses me is why this rectangular building is exceptionally 'stunning' to so many of you?

Proportion, proportion, proportion.
And positioning.
And scale.
And materials.
As for the argument regarding modernist minimalism being somehow immune from "historicism" and kitsch, this building is a perfect example of why it is important to keep "historic" architectural forms alive.
Modernist buildings are no more "contemporary" than art deco buildings.
They are all examples of 20th century styles being recycled.
X copies a style from the 50s. Uptown copies a style from the 30s. What's 20 years? It's all recycled.

Hey guys... I took a photo of X condo yesterday... The image is a little fuzzy cause it rained but it still shows x...

I put together a little timeline of shots i've taken over the past couple of months...

X Condo TIMELINE!!!!!!!!

JULY 30, 2009:

3777720909_dc56e60eb6_b.jpg

SEPTEMBER 3, 2009:

3887060695_1a4a59a969_b.jpg

SEPTEMBER 21, 2009:

3945930150_6864175a52_b.jpg

September 28, 2009 (YESTERDAY):

3966453419_f822ce9123_b.jpg

All photos by me: steveve

Enjoy :)

Very close guess dt!

I am actually photographing from 45 Carlton... My grandma owns a unit in that building and another one in the MET condo right beside it... 45 Carlton has an open roof at the top of the building that has views in every direction... However, I think it closes for the winter and when it rains so it's hard to get up there on a daily basis... (i am always out of luck when I visit her :( )

It just looks like 33 Wood because I zoomed in a bit...

Here is the zoomed out view that i took a long time ago (before X condo entered the picture)... You can see that Maple Leaf Gardens is right across the street:

3392564814_85189c4fe6.jpg

This is a shot I took at TD Tower on days open in May...Here's the MET condos and 45 Carlton right beside it.... Notice you can see the NY Towers in North York as well as ARC condo at Bayview and Shepherd!... I never noticed this before but X Condo is barely showing in the center right corner of the photo...

3560705054_3d36e93fc6.jpg

I love your shots dt :)

Very close guess dt!

I am actually photographing from 45 Carlton... My grandma owns a unit in that building and another one in the MET condo right beside it... 45 Carlton has an open roof at the top of the building that has views in every direction... However, I think it closes for the winter and when it rains so it's hard to get up there on a daily basis... (i am always out of luck when I visit her :( )

It just looks like 33 Wood because I zoomed in a bit...

I love your shots dt :)

Love your photos too, your contributions have been sensational!
I lived at 33 Wood for one year on the north side so those views are very familiar. It's a good building but no sun on the north side & there was a waiting list for the south side apartments so I moved. I've got friends at 45 Carlton too. We nearly bought in there way back when (huge suites there) until we learned no dogs are allowed :(

Back