I notice one other change. Not only has the building grown by 7 stories but the parking garage is now 1 level deeper (was 5, now 6).

A minor variance notice was being posted on the former Pizza Pizza building just as I was walking by around 3pm. It states a height increase of 5 stories from 44 stories. I'll grab a photo next time I'm by.

A minor variance notice was being posted on the former Pizza Pizza building just as I was walking by around 3pm. It states a height increase of 5 stories from 44 stories. I'll grab a photo next time I'm by.

Hey DT....so it's going from 41 to 44 to 49 storeys? Whew!

According to interchange42's post on the last page, the project architect confirmed that the project is already approved at 44 storeys. The thread title is just out of date.

Yes. Nothing about additional underground space, perhaps that's not necessary, I don't know.

Here are the signs, first the original that's been up for several months and the one put up this afternoon

Click on the thumbnail to enlarge, then click again on the image for full size.

from today's Daily Commercial News......

CONDOMINIUM BUILDING, RETAIL Proj: 9094228-5
Toronto, Metro Toronto Reg ON NEGOTIATED/PLANS COMPLETE

580 Jarvis Condo, 568 & 580 Jarvis St, 99 & 101-103 Charles St E, M4Y 2H9
$60,000,000 est

Start: September, 2010 Complete: February, 2013

Note: Scope of work has changed. Working drawings are nearing completion. Owner has submitted for building permits. Schedules for Invited Sub trade tenders and construction are undetermined. Further update Summer 2010.

Fluent Engineering Inc is the LEED Consultant.

Project: concrete foundation, structural steel frame, fuel fired heating system, proposed environmentally friendly construction of a condominium building containing 552 units, the project will include construction of a six-storey podium. Approximately 11,200 sq ft of retail space will be provided in a six at grade level units. This will be a 49-storey structure with 6-storeys of below grade parking. The project will include demolition of the existing office building on site. This project will target LEED NC-1.0 Certification.
Scope: 49,000 m²; 49 storeys; 6 storeys below grade; 552 units; parking for 373 cars; 1 acres
Development: Alterations
Category: Apartment bldgs; Retail, wholesale services; Recreational bldgs

Podium Re design at x2?

Came across a new image of the podium. Any idea which one is the latest?

Attachments

• x2 2.jpg
    x2 2.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 378
  • x2 1.jpg
    x2 1.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 369
Good God, that new podium is horrendous. I no longer like this project. :(

Yeah, they should stick with the first podium. The second image looks like it comes from another project.

That's a disastrous change to the podium. Destroys the project for me too. Please say it ain't so.

Back