Still awaiting confirmation from my colleague on which of the two renders is the later....I do know that at time of initial sales, they did not release the "podium suites", as they were still "in design". The podium suites were eventually released in the winter. So my guess is that the more articulated second render is what will be built, Take a look at the Plate Plan used to identify where the suite falls on a floor plate. I do not see any correspondence between the plan, and either render if we are to peg both to the balconies....
Plate Plan.jpg

Attachments

• Plate Plan.jpg
    Plate Plan.jpg
    10.1 KB · Views: 271
Last edited:
Giant Tiger Demolition. No, Tiger Direct Demolition. Actually, it's the Tiger's cousin - LIONS DEMOLITION :)

Giant Tiger Demolition. No, Tiger Direct Demolition. Actually, it's the Tiger's cousin - LIONS DEMOLITION :)

Ya, I meant to edit that. Tiger, Lion, Bobcat - they all sound dangerous to me.

Scaffolding is beginning to go up along Jarvis Street today. Demolition isn't far off!

X2DemolitionPrep.jpg

More fencing going up around the X2 site

Click on the thumbnail to enlarge, then click again on the image for full size.

I wonder if they will transplant those trees to the x1 side?

The trees along Charles Street are listed in "fair to poor condition" (they look fine to me) and so they will be removed along with the two trees at the west end of the site. The trees along Charles Street will be replaced during the landscaping phase, hopefully in automatically irrigated new homes.

Last edited:
They\re getting started on this one pretty quickly. Has it even been a year yet since it first launched?

I do, in fact I see many sites:

1)Gerstein Centre

2)House+grounds just south of Rogers Campus, east side of Jarvis

3)1950's apartment buildings can be pulled...eventually I can see it happening

4)Many more crappy buildings that could be knocked down just south of the site.

Within twenty years, the norm for the area will be 40s, not 5-10s.

The trees along Charles Street are listed in "fair to poor condition" (they look fine to me) and so they will be removed along with the two trees at the west end of the site. The trees along Charles Street will be replaced during the landscaping phase, hopefully in automatically irrigated new homes.

Looks like at least one tree will be saved because it's wrapped up.

From the document it looks like the original podium design is confirmed, and it also looks like X2 will also feature the scattered spandrels done up in primary colours (was that already known? I'd been wondering for awhile)

Back