at the end of the day, its all about the Manulife Centre! (44 charles)! :D... seriously

I have the same view as Verve, I love it. I always thought that views from the Panarama Lounge are too high, it makes the city look smaller than it is from that height. X2 will offer great unobstructed views from the top 1/3rd of the building - south, west and east.

I was told by the sales agent at X, that the idea was to mass the two towers x and x2 in such a wasy as to also suggest a crossing, or x-ing, thus reinforcing the idea of X. I dont know if to buy that. But staggering the massing of the tower makes sense, hence the location of the podium.

I have the same view as Verve, I love it. I always thought that views from the Panarama Lounge are too high, it makes the city look smaller than it is from that height. X2 will offer great unobstructed views from the top 1/3rd of the building - south, west and east.

very good point. I like it when you're almost eye-leveled with much of the city. it makes you feel more like you're there, not on top of it! it feels more balanced too!. but these days, people are just gonna keep living higher and higher up! (especially the ritz!). the thing about the north facing view of the Ritz, is that it TOWERS over EVERYTHING directly north of it!... :D

And the funny thing about toronto. is that you're view is facing the "city" (the main buildings like FCP, Manulife, CN Tower, notable buildings), or that you ARE those buildings and you lose the view of "your building"... its hard to explain, but if you want a view where you can see the Ritz, (FCP/Trump/etc..) ... you can't live in it/Trump/etc. :p. its still hard to explain what i am talking about.

I was told by the sales agent at X, that the idea was to mass the two towers x and x2 in such a wasy as to also suggest a crossing, or x-ing, thus reinforcing the idea of X. I dont know if to buy that. But staggering the massing of the tower makes sense, hence the location of the podium.

The two towers are located so that X2 does not block direct south views from X, and X won't block direct north views from X2. The separation also makes it more difficult to compare the square floorplate of X2 to the slimmer rectangular plan of the original X.

There's no fake history to be found. There's one building that ornaments a modern office building with references to past styles through spires and other elements, and one that continues with the Modernist aesthetic because it's still seen as attractive and relevant.

Good to see a sensible response from someone, rather than the usual attack on various styles that don't conform to a particular member's point of view.

All gone...

Click on the thumbnail to enlarge, then click again on the image for full size.

Before (2009 & 2010), and after (today)

A pano shot of the now cleared site.

Thanks for the updates and photos

Great updates and photos everyone - much thanks. I am out of the country for another month and would be snooping around the construction site myself if I was there!

X2 Hoarding collapses

The construction hoarding (as seen above) and scaffolding along Jarvis Street in front of the X2 site collapsed yesterday during those crazy wind gusts. Hopefully no one was hurt.

iPhone captures from last night

7.jpg
6.jpg
5-1.jpg
4-1.jpg
3-2.jpg

Click on the small picture in my post above to enlarge it, it shows the hoarding prior to the collapse. I'd say it was about 12' high and about 100' long running parallel to Jarvis Street.

The scaffolding & hoarding was cleaned up in record time and new fence installed by late afternoon today.

From Sept. 17th & today

The new fence offers an excellent view of the site. Before (Nov. 19-09) & after (today) -

Plus a couple of other shots -

haha! ^^^ excellent!. at least this tragedy made way for an opportunity! (i'm sure its temporary though):)

Are any X2 purchasers wondering why there is no model suite for X2? I purchased at X2 and I'm a little concerned that we won't know the type and quality of the finishes until maybe two years from now when we choose our colour palette. I was told by the sales reps at X2 that the interior pics from the brochure and website is not a true representation of what we are going to actually get. I really dislike not knowing ahead of time, but that's just me. At least purchasers from the X had a model suite to look at so they have an idea of the quality and kinds of finishes they can expect once built. Just want to get thoughts from X2 purchasers and others as well. Thanks.

Back