Not much to see here, but what the hell...

Click on the thumbnail to enlarge, then click again on the image for full size.

I don't even know why I like it, but I just do. It's deceptively simple. It's a box. But it's a beautiful box.

Good luck defining why! If the why of beauty could be reduced to a formula and endlessly repeated we'd have a city full of beautiful buildings of one sort or another, but it can't. Perhaps the best we can hope for is to appreciate beauty when it declares itself, and encourage those with a track record of creating it to produce more work, while quarantining those who can't yet think they have a right to build.

Two pile drivers on site now and double the noise...

[Taken March/18/2011]

x2-condo-18-03-2011.jpg

Another from above, with obstructions. I should have gone to the roof and grabbed a better shot

Another from above, with obstructions. I should have gone to the roof and grabbed a better shot

Shoring seems to be complete as the drill rigs are put to rest. Next step, excavation.

[Taken 10/06/2011]

x2-10-06-2011.jpg

Keeping in mind cruzin4u's photo was likely shot only on the 3rd floor, I'm sure the current southwest views from a higher floor @ X condos are substantially more interesting looking than the old apartments seen in the above photograph ...

Seems shoring is still going on at the East end of the site, while excavation is happening on the West end. You can also see Burano creeping up in the background.

[Taken 28/06/2011]

x2-28-06-2011.jpg

Thanks for the pix, c4u. They are really cranking with the excavation now. Good to see.

Back