The sidewalk art piece is being installed today. It's similar to the X1 art, but is blue and lies at an angle instead of standing straight up.

Some images of the fabrication process from June:

LINK

And an image of the final product:

attachment.php

Here are some pictures of Shayne Dark's "Double Take" art work at X2 Condos
X2 Condos Art.jpg
X2 Condos Art 3.jpg
X2 Condos Art 2.jpg

Attachments

• X2 Condos Art.jpg
    X2 Condos Art.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 794
  • X2 Condos Art 3.jpg
    X2 Condos Art 3.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 799
  • X2 Condos Art 2.jpg
    X2 Condos Art 2.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 787
/\ Another intelligent and insightful comment from Lost.

I'm enjoying how Dark's pieces are starting to pop up around town. Methinks Tableau's will be a real stunner given its height and vibrant colour.

As much as art is in the eye of the beholder, I believe boring is too. If ones imagination cannot make something out of this striking pair of artworks in front of these monolithic sisters, then I'd say it reflects more upon the viewer than the artwork.

/\ Another intelligent and insightful comment from Lost.

I'm enjoying how Dark's pieces are starting to pop up around town. Methinks Tableau's will be a real stunner given its height and vibrant colour.

And as usual, when dissent arises on this forum it is met with insulting responses. Am I not intellectually verbose enough for you, PE? Can't you accept that some people don't agree with you? There's no reason to be so smarmy. And its rich for you to talk about intelligence while making rude comments.

As much as art is in the eye of the beholder, I believe boring is too. If ones imagination cannot make something out of this striking pair of artworks in front of these monolithic sisters, then I'd say it reflects more upon the viewer than the artwork.

My imagination can make a lot from these pieces of art. That's possible for any piece of art; whether one likes it or not, is a different discussion.

And as usual, when dissent arises on this forum it is met with insulting responses. Am I not intellectually verbose enough for you, PE? Can't you accept that some people don't agree with you? There's no reason to be so smarmy. And its rich for you to talk about intelligence while making rude comments.

My imagination can make a lot from these pieces of art. That's possible for any piece of art; whether one likes it or not, is a different discussion.

Dissent isn't so much the issue here as the poster's inability to articulate what he / she dislikes about the subject. Intellectual verbosity isn't necessarily what we want either since it often only conflates the message the sender is trying to get across. In that vein, it's not so much that I can't accept that people don't agree, it's that I find coming to terms with the idea that I have to give equal weight to someone who disagrees and describes why and about what they disagree than someone who just goes 'boring,' difficult.

A perfect encapsulation of this is contained in someone's (forgive me, I forget which member) signature: "Miller Bad. Me no like Miller. Moo. Woof. Quack." Brilliant.

Back