Today

DSC_0018.JPG

Attachments

• DSC_0018.JPG
    DSC_0018.JPG
    163.8 KB · Views: 357
Those vertical bands closing off the balconies are the only redeeming quality of this building.

Steveve, those last two shots look great and will only look better once the top half continues the effect... I know there's some spandrel on this proiect, but it's gonna look really sharp when done...

As it grows it grows on me. It's nowhere near a stunner but it's much better than a lot of the monotony going up around the area.

If we consider 365 Church as the worst nearby development, this is better. The higher levels seem to be saved by the balconies, and the south-facing expanse of spandrel will be hidden eventually. But the podium and lower levels, a chaotic mess of multicolour spandrel punctuated by a curtain-walled carbuncle, are very unpleasant to look at.

Though something about the white and black glass masses is reminiscent to warts growing along it, I think the tower part is growing on me. It could also be that my standards are so low now that I've seen what a complete disaster the base is.

I dunno. These photos look decent, and from 5 intersections away it looks decent. But just today walking by it... it looks horrible. The podium right now looks terrible. I hope it improves. Why grey and orange?
Part of me hopes that they make the balcony chunks light up like DNA but I doubt that is in the cards.

I dunno. These photos look decent, and from 5 intersections away it looks decent. But just today walking by it... it looks horrible. The podium right now looks terrible. I hope it improves. Why grey and orange?
Canderel couldn't execute a nice podium if their lives depended on it. Dont expect it to get any better once they start applying the finishing touches.

Back