Not the best comparison, but nice change

riocan.jpg
YongeandEglintonRendering21.jpg

I wouldnt mind seeing the same done with The Star building...maybe even with the Simpson tower and 2 Bloor st.

i also like the opening shot showing the yonge egglington area, shows off some really nice density

Did Egghead make you a henchman, son?

vincentprice_egghead1.jpg

Neither the Boy Wonder nor I have ever seen so many 'g's in Eglinton. Remember to pay close attention in Geography class, and your super-villainous spelling will be a thing of the past.

I'm glad to see that they are going with the black cladding. It will be very complimentary to the Canadian Tire building. I was afraid that they would apply a mirror like facade similar to Bay Adelaide so as to make the building blend in with the sky. With the black cladding these building will make a bold presence on the skyline.

In the video linked on the last page, about the wonders of exciting Yonge and Eglinton, I especially like the part where they put the title 'A VIBRANT NIGHTLIFE' directly over a picture of The Pickle Barrel.

In the video linked on the last page, about the wonders of exciting Yonge and Eglinton, I especially like the part where they put the title 'A VIBRANT NIGHTLIFE' directly over a picture of The Pickle Barrel.

Back in the day this area used to be called "Young and Eligible", but that day is fairly far back.

Back in the day this area used to be called "Young and Eligible", but that day is fairly far back.

Though poetically speaking, the spirit lives on via a current prime tenant of 2200 Yonge...Lavalife.

As for Y-E in its present form, I like to call its aesthetic "Chicago Style"--though more in the architecture-as-frozen-music sense.

Chicago%20VI.jpg

What drives me nuts about this building is the inconsistent elevations of the second floor. It is a complete pain to navigate. They mention that they will add elevators in the plan but really they need to put a ramping balcony between the two elevations of the second floor.

I wouldnt mind seeing the same done with The Star building...maybe even with the Simpson tower and 2 Bloor st.

Again with the "everything needs to be new to be good" stuff, people! While we're at it, why not go and make everything new again?

I'll agree the base of the Toronto Star's building is awful and needs to be redone for the sake of human experience at ground level, but that doesn't mean we need to reclad the whole tower in boring glass. And then follow up with the Simpson Tower. Or every other tower.

Again with the "everything needs to be new to be good" stuff, people! While we're at it, why not go and make everything new again?

I'll agree the base of the Toronto Star's building is awful and needs to be redone for the sake of human experience at ground level, but that doesn't mean we need to reclad the whole tower in boring glass. And then follow up with the Simpson Tower. Or every other tower.

Hey, im only talking about 3 of the ugliest 40 year old towers in the city.... sadly but surely they need help if they are to keep old and attract new tennants.

Lay off Simpsons. The best thing that can be done there is in the spirit of restoration, i.e. a LED resurrection of the illuminated crown...

Back