Funny though the way YRT is going with the services it's operating now, there might be one bus every 51 minutes connecting to the Yonge Subway extension by the time it's opened.

Maybe we could send them Rob Ford:

"That's what Torontonians wants first folks! DRL, DRL, DRL" :D

I'll tell Ford to tell York Region that next time I see him in the supermarket. Apparantly that's where he gets information about what Torontonians want

"Y'know, last night a man came up to me in the supermarket. And do you he said? Torontonians want DRL, DRL, DRL. We are sick and tired of these damn York Regioners clogging up OUR subways! It's a simple equation, folks!"

i'll tell ford to tell york region that next time i see him in the supermarket. Apparantly that's where he gets information about what torontonians want

"y'know, last night a man came up to me in the supermarket. And do you he said? Torontonians want drl, drl, drl. We are sick and tired of these damn york regioners clogging up our subways! It's a simple equation, folks!"

lol ;)

kelso-burn.jpeg

Ok. Not as good. Adding one car is a bandaid.

Adding an extra car to the TRs would be very expensive. They'll need to be sent back to Bombardier in Thunder Bay and reconstructed]. And I'm not even sure if the TRs support 7 car trainsets.

But the current 6 car TRs without ATC (Automatic Train Control) should theoretically add 10% to the capacity of the YUS. With ATC enabled, there should be another 30% added since trains can run closer together (90 sec headway, theoretically).

Adding an extra car to the TRs would be very expensive. They'll need to be sent back to Bombardier in Thunder Bay and reconstructed]. And I'm not even sure if the TRs support 7 car trainsets.

But the current 6 car TRs without ATC (Automatic Train Control) should theoretically add 10% to the capacity of the YUS. With ATC enabled, there should be another 30% added since trains can run closer together (90 sec headway, theoretically).

While ATC is technically feasible and has been in use in many other cities for years, it's unlikely to happen in Toronto because Bob Kinnear (transit union prez) is on record as strongly opposing it. Since the union controls a public sector monopoly on an essential service, whatever they say goes. Or doesn't go if they strike.

While ATC is technically feasible and has been in use in many other cities for years, it's unlikely to happen in Toronto because Bob Kinnear (transit union prez) is on record as strongly opposing it. Since the union controls a public sector monopoly on an essential service, whatever they say goes. Or doesn't go if they strike.

They can't strike. TTC is an essential service.

Kinnear can scream and shout all he wants, but the TTC 100% absolutely needs ATC and they will get it.

And I hope the Union stops electing Kinnear. He's an idiot. Whenever I see him in the news I have to laugh. 3/4 of what he said is complete and utter nonsense.

How about adding two cars - keep things even.

Back