Yonge & Rich is simply brilliant, cheeky and honestly, descriptive of the neighbourhood and building: the architecture looks "money" the neighbourhood is surrounded by "money managers" the investors are "richer" than many of us dreamers and their future tenants are probably younger than many of us--if they'll be 23 in 2019 than yes, they're rather "yonge" today. :)

I have short names for every intersection in the city. For example Bloor and High Park is BLAH, Queen and Spadina is Qspa, BLO is Bloor and Ossington ... so Yonge & Rich is part of my vocab.

Visual people tend to remember marketing names, numbers people tend to remember numbers.

But ultimately, who cares? 25 Lombard is gonna be another aA spire.....;)

Last edited:
I wanted to slap you through the screen after reading that...

Anyways. If the marketing of this building is so offensive to one's tastes you can simply not buy here as well as choose not to associate with anyone who is narcissistic enough to live here and refer to it by that name.

Yonge & Rich is simply brilliant, cheeky and honestly, descriptive of the neighbourhood and building: the architecture looks "money" the neighbourhood is surrounded by "money managers" the investors are "richer" than many of us dreamers and their future tenants are probably younger than many of us--if they'll be 23 in 2019 than yes, they're rather "yonge" today. es? .;)

The architecture looks confused. This project screams "CASH GRAB"

I'd be embarrassed to tell someone that I live at "Yonge and Rich". It's just so tacky and douchey.

I suspect that some buildings will keep their marketing names for decades. Others will go by their address. It will depend largely on what name the owners like.

This picture of the scale model (absolutely, categorically not a rendering) from the news story made me laugh:

urbantoronto-8326-27242.jpg

Mature trees on the 45th floor? Sure.

Why even put an amenity space up so high, because 365 Church did it? I don't see it being all that practical.

Last edited:
1) That's not a rendering, and 2) Tim de Chant's article in ArchDaily is a bit simplistic. That said, I believe they'll end up with higher glass panels surrounding the 45th floor deck. It's not always windy at that height, but it will need to be mitigated on days when it is too windy. They will need to create a microclimate up there to have the plants flourish.

No it's not a rendering but it's completely untrue that mature trees will be growing up there. Just thought it was a great article, and those sentiments are echoed by my profs about lying in renderings or models.

Polished rendering in a sales centre/ model in a sales centre = marketing schtick. This isn't an art exercise, it's supposed to be a realistic impression of what people are buying into.

If they want to create an appropriate "microclimate" up there, then by all means, they should. But don't create a barren, wind-swept terrace on the flat roof of a 45th floor and try to tell me that it's going to be a lush, tranquil paradise.

Last edited:
As much as I disagree with you, I am kinda flattered with one of my photos being mistaken for a rendering

Disagree with what exactly? That you can have large, mature trees survive that high up?

Alright, sorry not a rendering, but a photo of the scale model. It doesn't matter, both are the developers representation of the finished project.

Disagree with what exactly? That you can have large, mature trees survive that high up?

Alright, sorry not a rendering, but a photo of the scale model. It doesn't matter, both are the developers representation of the finished project.

I disagree with your opinion that the minute details of a conceptual architectural model are indicative of a finished project. The trees represent the fact that there will be greenspace on the roof. Also, that part of the model is well above the heads of those looking at it. I am over 6 feet tall and I had to hold the camera a good 2 feet over my head to even approach a level shot, so from eye level, all you can see is green space. Easy on the confrontation, I was flattered by your initial post, but the follow up was needlessly combative.

Who in their right minds would believe large mature trees would grow on the roof ... and btw, its not an issue of wind whatsoever, its the roots of the trees ! They cause enough trouble when building on top of underground parking.

Back