I noticed that in New Condo Guide yesterday, too. With a discreet entry and dedicated elevators to boot. This is a creative way for developers to cut up buildings into different sections with different brandings and marketing campaigns, like podium suites vs. tower suites vs. penthouse suites all with different names. King Blue is doing the same with their Westinghouse Lofts now. I guess it works otherwise they wouldn't do it.

Are there separate condo corporations to deal with each section, or are they unified in that regard? I remember reading somewhere that Aura has 2 condo corporations, but I could be mistaken.

Two condo corps here.

The upper portion of the building will be separate condo coporation (as I42 noted) with separate lobby, seperate set of elevators, and seperate amenities ... as always intended by Great Gulf and not a rebranding ... just a second release of higher floors of what was previously held back

There was a City-run public consultation meeting last night, at St James Cathedral Parish Hall. About 100+ people there and most concerns were connected to shadows on adjacent condominiums (Victorian, Spire, Indigo). The latter two have roof decks which will be affected, to varying degrees, by new shadows. In general the proposal was fairly well received and people seemed to like the new pedestrian walkways through the site, the new retail and the innovative cladding patterns. There were the usual complaints about the over-loading of infrastructure, lack of places to walk dogs, lack of trees and intensification. The staff report will be coming to TEYCC early in 2014. Details of the proposal and the applicants studies are on Planning website under Applications

Last edited:
The upper portion of the building will be separate condo coporation (as I42 noted) with separate lobby, seperate set of elevators, and seperate amenities ... as always intended by Great Gulf and not a rebranding ... just a second release of higher floors of what was previously held back

So Young below and Rich up above, I guess?

So Young below and Rich up above, I guess?
At the community meeting last night a couple of people poured scorn on the name and the Great Gulf folks did not seem too keen to defend their choices. I suspect the actual condo names will change.

There was a City-run public consultation meeting last night, at St James Cathedral Parish Hall. About 100+ people there and most concerns were connected to shadows on adjacent condominiums (Victorian, Spire, Indigo). The latter two have roof decks which will be affected, to varying degrees, by new shadows. In general the proposal was fairly well received and people seemed to like the new pedestrian walkways through the site, the new retail and the innovative cladding patterns. There were the usual complaints about the over-loading of infrastructure, lack of places to walk dogs, lack of trees and intensification. The staff report will be coming to TEYCC early in 2014. Details of the proposal and the applicants studies are on Planning website under Applications

Do you have the link to that proposal application? I can't seem to find it.

I wouldn't say that the area is dumpy - the problem is that it's missing big chunks of the urban fabric. I think the design of the building is nutty and too dense, but it's nice how it's zig-zagging around the heritage.

From Toronto City Planning

20 LOMBARD ST
Ward 28 - Tor & E.York District

Proposal for Site Plan Approval for a mixed use development with the preservation and restoration of the four storey heritage building and the construction of a new 50 storey tower containing street related retail uses and residential units above. The new building contains a four storey podium and is composed of two distinct but connected residential tower forms. A publically accessible pedestrian route framed by retail uses connects from Lombard Street through to Victoria Street. Retail uses are also provided along Lombard Street, Victoria Street and Richmond Street. There will be a total of 689 units 286 automobile parking spaces and 760 bicycle parking spaces.

Applications:
Type Number Date Submitted Status

Site Plan Approval 13 281191 STE 28 SA Dec 24, 2013 Under Review

Back