DSCN0473.JPG
    164.5 KB · Views: 637
  • DSCN0474.JPG
    DSCN0474.JPG
    114.7 KB · Views: 668
  • DSCN0475.JPG
    DSCN0475.JPG
    142.3 KB · Views: 698
Hmmm, the leasing website doesn't show the ground level anymore -- the one that had Winners, Dollarama, BoM, and some of the Yonge-facing tenants like Blaze and Five Guys.

https://riocan.propertycapsule.com/properties/yongesheppardcentre/#overview

Interesting that some of the original food vendors like Basil Box and Chipotle (both no longer part of the plan) were scheduled for 2017 openings. Seems to be lots of flux, inability to secure retail leases (lots of vacant slots), and (assumed) project delays.

NorthYorkEd;
Basil Box still has their lease and plans to open soon so I don't know where you heard of their demise. All you foodies will be happy to see the current list of Yonge St. restaurants; from north to south they are; Flock, Basil Box, IQ Foods, Five Guys, Sweet Jesus and Blaze Pizza.
On the main floor near the food court, Carter's Osh Kosh has just leased a 4,423 sq. ft. unit and nearby, Currency Mart leased a 591 sq. ft. unit. I'll give you the latest leasing map after I finish another meeting.

Basil Box still has their lease and plans to open soon so I don't know where you heard of their demise. All you foodies will be happy to see the current list of Yonge St. restaurants; from north to south they are; Flock, Basil Box, IQ Foods, Five Guys, Sweet Jesus and Blaze Pizza.

Oops, my mistake -- I honestly thought they bailed, but I guess it was just Chipotle.

I'll give you the latest leasing map after I finish another meeting.

Excellent -- much appreciated!

New cladding adds a lot of interesting depth to the building. Also the piping is so orderly on the roofs, dreamy.

BasilBox - just opened their 5th restaurant at Yonge&Finch a few months ago; now will double number of restuarants within a year. Heading to Vancouver too.

Carter’s/OshKosh - interesting addition since retail industry dying especially with clothing. But here in Ward23 Willowdale, there’s a Baby Boom! See all those baby stroller on Yonge St??? In last 10 years, North York Center Secondary Plan demographic basically went from Single Bachelor/ette society to family units! While 0-4 age group is now approaching City’s average of 5% of population; City average growth of 0-4 age group is 0.8% in last 10 years but in Ward 23 Willowdale that age group grew by 32%,.... 40 times greater than City average,.... that’s a Baby Boom!

Meridian Credit Union was supposed to open today (Monday) but didn’t - info from last week - not sure why? Everything looks ready.

Potatopia finally got their Conditional Permit to start construction last week.

Ray;
They're still doing some work on the "bones" of the Meridian unit at the back. I'll let you know when it opens so you can walk over with a blank cheque. They'll be waiting for you.

Meridian is the best looking unit in the mall, so far and will be opening shortly.
DSCN0478.JPG

Attachments

• DSCN0478.JPG
    DSCN0478.JPG
    127 KB · Views: 649
Thanks for all those that updated this thread. Spent a slow afternoon at work going through it.
I may have missed it, but does anyone know when the ETA completion for the LA Fitness and Longo's is?

I may have missed it, but does anyone know when the ETA completion for the LA Fitness and Longo's is?

LA Fitness is schedule for December. Longo’s estimated completion target is around March 2018 - they have all building permit except one (as of last month).

Ray; You meant March 2019 for Longo's completion. Completion date for the "Pivot" 36 storey rental building is spring-summer 2020.

Review of the design evolution of the Riocan property. Note changes to the rental building and 2 office buildings.
SHEP CENTER-OLD.jpg
SHEPPARD CENTER-NEW.jpg
sheppard center.jpeg
Sheppard Centre.jpg

Attachments

• SHEP CENTER-OLD.jpg
    SHEP CENTER-OLD.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 671
  • SHEPPARD CENTER-NEW.jpg
    SHEPPARD CENTER-NEW.jpg
    621.1 KB · Views: 711
  • sheppard center.jpeg