Im surprised at some comments here. Areas seem rather cosy and once things are finished, and the construction at the Yorkville and Avenue is complete this might work out reasonably well. I spend a fair bit of time there, it will take some patience. They have some decent tenants to build around - Whole Foods, Equinox, TNT, inteesting food court. Seeing some creativity every day.

Im surprised at some comments here. Areas seem rather cosy and once things are finished, and the construction at the Yorkville and Avenue is complete this might work out reasonably well. I spend a fair bit of time there, it will take some patience. They have some decent tenants to build around - Whole Foods, Equinox, TNT, inteesting food court. Seeing some creativity every day.

I agree with most of that, though I do think there are three obvious deficiencies (which was nearly cost no object, so they should've managed a top-notch finished product):
1. A really bland and non-contextual exterior treatment on the Avenue frontage.
2. A positively horrendous pedestrian area at the Yorkville entrance.
3. A very suburban mall-esque food court experience.

Those are all just mistakes in my mind, and they didn't have to happen.

I agree with most of that, though I do think there are three obvious deficiencies (which was nearly cost no object, so they should've managed a top-notch finished product):
1. A really bland and non-contextual exterior treatment on the Avenue frontage.
2. A positively horrendous pedestrian area at the Yorkville entrance.
3. A very suburban mall-esque food court experience.

Those are all just mistakes in my mind, and they didn't have to happen.

They should never have wrecked the original design and turned it into some anonymous no-place shopping mall.

AoD

Did that pizza place (next to Freshii) in the food hall shut down? If so, it certainly didn't last too long!

They spent a lot of time and money to screw this up. And that cavernous entrance was a bad idea.

I think everyone just goes to Freshii or Southstreet - places they're familiar with. Or Whole Foods.

First Capital continues to nail it with the programming of the space. Kudos to them for understanding what needs to be done to give it some life. Today (also, first pic: makes a big difference having that north-south corridor on the second floor finally complete):

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 619
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 612
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 566
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 584
I was pleasantly surprised at how busy Yorkville Villiage was yesterday. The Miele cafe is a nice spot to have a free coffee/latte and some small bites of food for free.

I was pleasantly surprised at how busy Yorkville Villiage was yesterday. The Miele cafe is a nice spot to have a free coffee/latte and some small bites of food for free.

Good call. Also, not sure if it's been noted on here, but there's also now an iQ opened in the Equinox lobby (but accessible to non-members), and it's scrumptious.

Hmmm...I guess people who do spin will now have two choices: Equinox AND Soulcycle. Wait....does Equinox Yorkville offer spin?

Equinox Yorkville offers plenty of spin classes. They still differ enough from those at SoulCycle that it shouldn't be over-saturation. Also, only Equinox members can attend a class at Equinox, while SoulCycle does not require membership.

Does anyone know anything about Petite Shell, a coffee place opening at the street level of Yorkville Village? It seems to be a grab-and-go coffee place? I think they're from New York? They don't have a website, and their Facebook page doesn't seem to say much.

Looks like Petite Shell is now going to be called The Alternative Cafe.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BRtY-aNFRFr

Back