News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Dunno if anyone mentioned the Bow & Arrow on Yonge, a spit's distance north of Davisville. They stock about 20 Ontario craft-brewed beers, including Denison's Weis, though they were out of it last two times I went. The second time I let the waitress know about my displeasure. The switch-over to a new brewer may explain the shortage.

Denison's Weis is one of the best beers in the world, and often ranks tops in world-wide wheat-beer lists. If they changed the recipe, I will be very upset.

I had another pint of Denison's weissbeir at LeVack Block (on Ossington) last night and came away disappointed--it was an entirely different brew compared to the one I had at Victory cafe. The bartender claimed Levack's keg was from the new brewing joint, while Victory had stocked up on the old batch/brewer. Interesting. (See the colour of my pint in photo above? It wasn't that golden yellow this time.:(
I've only had Denison's once -- at The Victory Cafe -- and was quite impressed.

Not a bar per se, but it's the Beer Festival this weekend. All the local craft, microbrew, and international beer you can handle.. and then some! Is anyone here going Sunday?

On Yonge Street, just south of Dundas Square.

thegayvillageapril18090.jpg

By torontovibe, shot with DSC-N1 at 2009-04-18

Finally! Les Trois Brasseurs as been advertising this coming location since, I believe, at least 2006. That has to be the longest restaurant renovation in the history of time. The building was gutted to the point where there was just a brick facade for at least a year. Nice to see it finally nearing completion. Let's hope the beer is worth the wait!

The location concerns me somewhat, it's so close to YD Square and the Eaton Centre I worry they will need to cater to tourists more than beer affectionados (though I'm sure there is some overlap).

http://www.les3brasseurs.ca/eng/locations.php

Back