News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

It's nice that Toronto gets to play itself. Is it picked up by US networks? It always seemed odd to me how much America didn't want stories involving Toronto/Canada.

It's nice that Toronto gets to play itself. Is it picked up by US networks?

Not last I heard.

It always seemed odd to me how much America didn't want stories involving Toronto/Canada.

True, although CTV's Transplant aired on NBC in the U.S. and 1/3 of the CW's lineup in the U.S. is Canadian.

I believe it is 410/401 area.
Seems like a lot of repurposed industrial/warehouse space. Paramount films a few Star Trek shows there. CBS Stages in Mississauga.

Century Studio

Aspect Film Studios

Tangential, but an interesting reuse of a former downtown convention centre in Oklahoma City. The uses are probably interim, but it's still cool to see how these large spaces get repurposed for film uses.

Some screenshots from YouTube as you cannot take them from the Prime app! 😢

IMG_7486.png
IMG_7485.png
IMG_7483.png
IMG_7480.png

Watched the show last night.

Production values were solid. I thought the pacing was a bit off, but that may just be pilot legs.

Good use of Toronto; weak point, they really tried to recreate the Goran/Eames dynamic from the original Criminal Intent and that felt a bit forced. They should have aimed for more original characters w/i the L&O universe.

Things I 'learned' about Toronto.

TPS has no idea what a search warrant is............

Filmores has at least 13 floors, and the 13th floor uses the number 13.

Last edited:
I thought that I would post this as Burtynsky is perhaps our most well-known living photographer. I know that his papers and archives went to the Image Centre at TMU but is there a plan/space for his huge (lol) collection of work? I think that the Commissioners Transfer Station would be ideal and a wonderful backdrop to the park! Just a crazy idea.

I would have suggested the Hearn but that may be too big for even his works.

Back