News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

^ I doubt it. A box shape is the most efficient use of space for 500 square foot shoeboxes.

Wow thanks for that. I've seen the cherry and spoon before. Some really cool stuff!
Reminds me of the world's largest axe in New Brunswick.

559.jpg

My girlfriend and I discovered this giant axe last summer when we drove from Toronto to Halifax.

It's pretty cool in real life. You'd never expect to find a giant axe out in the middle of nowhere New Brunswick.

That`s one of my favourite things about Canada!!! At pretty much every small town in the country, there is a giant statue of an everyday item!! As a matter of fact, Our Canada magazine has 2 pages of every issue dedicated to the biggest ___________ in Canada!

That`s one of my favourite things about Canada!!! At pretty much every small town in the country, there is a giant statue of an everyday item!!

Hey would it not be nice to have a big statue on our waterfront maybe on a man made island 80-120 meters tall.something that could represent Toronto as the meeting place or even a great lakes city maybe something to do with confederation who knows.

Here are some of the common ones around the world, i would go modern and stay away from religion.

http://damncoolpics.blogspot.com/2007/04/9-highest-statues-of-world.html

http://www.travelpod.com/travel-photo/flowergyaru/africa-2005/1148637840/img_0528.jpg/YES.html

Well according to Wikipedia:
The name Toronto is likely derived from the Iroquois word tkaronto, meaning "place where trees stand in the water".

Maybe we should have a giant tree in the water.

You can debunk and etymology? Wow, they just realized what it means? That's crazy:eek:

I think we should stick with "tall trees standing in water" which foreshadows the waterfront built-form we have today: "tall trees standing near water".

Be thankful the city isn't called Chicago = "stinky onions" (garlic).

You can debunk and etymology? Wow, they just realized what it means? That's crazy:eek:
Well, when more research is done on extant Native languages and historical records, it's always possible to realize old assumptions were wrong.

A statue of a giant tree rising from the water does sound pretty impressive. Maybe UT should copyright this idea or something and propose it to the city!

^ yea, my bad. I guess I meant we should come up with a design for such a statue and copyright that. In any case, my point is this is definitely a good idea that we should make known.

Back