40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Kitsune

Member Bio
Reaction score
City:
Toronto
So, if we count the CN Tower, when do you guys think Toronto will see its second Supertall built, and where?

why Mississauga City Centre, of course..:p

It will be a mixed use building, condo sales to start next summer, construction start summer 2010, completion fall 2015...;)

Sure sure ...

I say ... not in a long long long time. Not until the next office boom (ps the current one isn't over in my books, we may get a few more out of it, nothing too tall though). And even then we're likely to get a few more BA like buildings before a supertall.

If we do get a supertall it'll be a CONDO! possibly mixed use. If anything ... the only chance of a super tall in the near future is a height extension on 1 bloor east or Auroa.

Well in a long long time we'll most likely get a supertall by todays standards, but in the time its being built, it wont be considered a supertall.

Who cares. On second thought, I do care. I'd rather see four mid-sized buildings eating four under appreciated sites than one supertall.

Still, with the pace of technological and engineering innovations in contemporary times, the excitement of a supertall is understandable.

I would love to see a supertall close to the Waterfront. A nice location would be where the LCBO is between Yonge and Jarvis on Queens Quay.

I'd like to see a supertall that compliments the CN Tower as well. Maybe one with a triangular footprint and a mix of materials like concrete glass and steel. 2000 feet would make me happy too, but I'll settle for 1500 :)

It would have to be on the subway line, or close enough to a station... maybe Yonge and Adelaide, Victoria and Richmond, King and Victoria or perhaps Simcoe and Front.

There are two ways of looking at it from a postcard point-of-view. If you're standing on Wards Island, where would you rather see a supertall? Close to the CN Tower, on the west side of the MINT or slightly east of MINT?

S/W BLOOR and YONGE I would like to see a 1200-1500 Ft./100 storey plus supertall at this location. This areas infastructure is all set for something big to happen here in the future.

SWCornerBloorandYongeSt.jpg

It's bound to happen. I don't think it will happen in the next couple of years, but maybe within 5 years we'll see a proposal pop up.

Here's a good question: What architect would you like to see design TO's next supertall?

I personally vote for Norman Foster. He can do no wrong in my book.

Back