News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Happy to report that the first glulam beam is going up for the Galleria Italia; from AGO north webcam:

AGONorthCam.jpg

Still can't see any blue in the cladding:

AGOCladding2.jpg

AoD

On closer inspection I stand corrected. Aside from the reflection from the tarp and the lower right corner it doesn't appear particularly blue. In fact it appears to have a pinkish hue.

Maybe they're spraying it over with something? This is pretty strange... Budget cheapout?

In Alvin's first pic above, the material does seem to have a blue tinge...in the next pic, not so much.

Hard to say at this point.

Glulam! Glulam! (It's just fun to say!)
I ran down with my camera, risking sunburn, to get the shots of the first beams going up. Great fun - the construction workers were hamming it up for the camera, singing, yodelling and evidently enjoying their work.

glulam1.jpg

glulam2.jpg

This one is starting to get fun! And just when ROM is winding down outside too. Very considerate of Superbuild, our god of cultural construction.

I'm looking forward to seeing the expanded exhibits and art inside both buildings, just as much as seeing the finished buildings themselves.

They are covered and one would imagine there would be fire suppression in the building. To get those things to burn, you would need some serious interior heat.

Well, get those statues burning, and you'll have a helluva fire!

I agree with CN again: Glulam! Glulam!

The glulam beams are wood and they will be exposed--otherwise, why bother? They'll be protected protected from the rain and snow by glass (they are inside after all) and the building is sprinklered, so they souldn't catch fire in an emergency.
And no, that is not the final cladding on the tower, it is very blue.

Back