agoglass.jpg

agoglass4.jpg

The length of it:
agoglass3.jpg

The west end of it:
agostrut1.jpg

agostrut2.jpg

agostrut3.jpg

great pictures - its really looking good! I am just a bit weary of walking by there on a windy day... that piece on the east end looks sort of like a ship's sail, wonder what sort of safety factor is built in?

great pictures - its really looking good! I am just a bit weary of walking by there on a windy day... that piece on the east end looks sort of like a ship's sail, wonder what sort of safety factor is built in?

I think I'd be more concerned about marble slabs falling off of Brookfield Place.

That building in the background of the third pic might be the ugliest thing in Toronto. MY EYES!!!!!

You're talking about that PoMo-schlock condo btw/McCaul and Simcoe?

Incidentally, that Village By The Grange sign also caught my eye--I presume it's original, and taken pretty much for granted perhaps even by the property owners. (As signage goes, I prefer the LuCliff lettering.)

I actually like that faux chateau looking building... not just on its own, but how it contrasts with the University Ave office blocks behind it. I guess they could have done without the flesh coloured section though.

I actually like that faux chateau looking building... not just on its own, but how it contrasts with the University Ave office blocks behind it. I guess they could have done without the flesh coloured section though.

I too have always liked that building. On an intellectual/artistic level, yes, it is awful. But the splash of colour and form is welcomed in an area of town that has way too much bland and dreary architecture.

I think it was designed at a time when the ironic and whimsical early appeal of PoMo was still vaguely attainable to architects who were true believers - before the deadeningly dull historicist fauxmongers took over and extinguished all such possibilities.

Almost fauxPoMo, maybe?

Back